PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Calgary

Ray Van Nes
21-Apr-2011, 10:27
Hello Everyone. I have recently joined the forum but I am not new to large format.

The first negative happened in 1978 and I have explored a number of formats since then. I currently work with 3 different rigs. The smallest is a stripped down 2x3 Graphic Century with several lenses, a 4x5 Chamonix and finally an 8x 10 Wehmann. I try to keep my equipment light as I have habit of hauling them up big hills.

My website www.rayvannesphotography.com shows some of my work. I am remiss as much of the landscape work I have done recently I have not gotten around to adding.

Enjoy

Eric Rose
21-Apr-2011, 14:22
Good to see you here Ray.

Vick Vickery
21-Apr-2011, 15:18
Welcome to group therapy! :) What??? No 35mm? Most folks around here shoot in several formats...I range from sub-35 (Olympus DSLR) thru 35mm, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, and 4x5, so you'll find yourself in good company!

Ray Van Nes
21-Apr-2011, 18:50
35mm? No not much. I have a Contax G1 ensemble that could use a good home. I work mostly with medium or large format. I only mentioned the bigger stuff for the purposes of this forum. I also have a trusty Rollei twin lens and a few medium format folders. I am a luddite to the core.

Vascilli
21-Apr-2011, 21:59
35mm? No not much. I have a Contax G1 ensemble that could use a good home. I work mostly with medium or large format. I only mentioned the bigger stuff for the purposes of this forum. I also have a trusty Rollei twin lens and a few medium format folders. I am a luddite to the core.

Is that so? :D It so happens I missed the sale of a set just yesterday. Send me a PM.

It's good to see some more in Calgary doing LF. I look forward to seeing your work.

Andrew O'Neill
21-Apr-2011, 23:04
Welcome fellow Canuck!

Scott Walker
22-Apr-2011, 05:56
Hello and welcome from a few miles south

Ray Van Nes
22-Apr-2011, 09:38
Is that so? :D It so happens I missed the sale of a set just yesterday. Send me a PM.

It's good to see some more in Calgary doing LF. I look forward to seeing your work.

Thank you, however, I am not certain what a PM is. Post mortem? The rig is a G1 with three lenses , 28mm, 45mm and 90mm with some other bits.
Cheers

Vick Vickery
23-Apr-2011, 14:44
PM = "private message"...just click on Vascilli's name on the left side of his post and you'll be given the option to send him a private message.

Ray Van Nes
25-Apr-2011, 08:27
Thank you, figured it out later. Talk about being a bit thick. Did successfully send a "PM".
Cheers
Ray