PDA

View Full Version : My Sinar P3, Sinarback, CMV lenses does not work – HELP – Plea….se

maianh
20-Apr-2011, 08:08
I repost this thread here, sorry if you have read it somewhere.

I bought a used Sinar P3 System everything seams fine except it does not work with captureshop 5.6.6 or 6.0.2. I check everything but still get stuck. The problem is:

When I connect to the computer then the LED light from the back keeps flashing from red-yellow-green. I can trigger the software to take new image but just a deadly black images but there is not any actions from the lenses, or camera :(

I tried to upgrade firmware from 1.5 to 1.9 but could not. The SB_FW_Update app which I download from Sinar site or was sent to me by a very responsive tech support from Sinar did not work. It start up and then nothing I can do with it. I can not hit enter or click any button of the software.

I install other mac osx into my laptop and try to upgrade firmware or using Captureshop. But nothing happened.

Here is my laptop details:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC Version (system): 1.57f17
Serial Number (system): C02CW00TDC7C
Hardware UUID: 66080E47-D12C-5709-A56B-2C1C972CB3F3
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

What going wrong then I do not know. Is there anyone can help me out or ponting me to any source of information so I can start to shoot my long time dream system.

Thanks and regards,
Sorry about my English.

Bob McCarthy
20-Apr-2011, 08:24
Seems to me you have to rely on the software technical support. You should try to have them with you on the phone while you do the install, if that is possible.

Make sure your OS version is acceptable to the version of Captureshop software your using.

bob

Peter De Smidt
20-Apr-2011, 08:26
Have you tried contacting Sinar or their distributor in your country? Or perhaps the software company? Bob beat me to it. :)

maianh
20-Apr-2011, 09:25
Peter, Bob,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I tried many many ways to solve the problem but no luck. There is not any Sinar agency here. What I can do now is just wait for the information and help from Sinar guys.

BTW, the tech from Sinar confirm with me that the 1.9 Firmware updater does not work in Snow Leopard :(. They asked me to find some older one. I will try it tomorrow.

Regards,

Bob McCarthy
20-Apr-2011, 11:22
Peter, Bob,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I tried many many ways to solve the problem but no luck. There is not any Sinar agency here. What I can do now is just wait for the information and help from Sinar guys.

BTW, the tech from Sinar confirm with me that the 1.9 Firmware updater does not work in Snow Leopard :(. They asked me to find some older one. I will try it tomorrow.

Regards,

there you go, that is likely the problem, set up a partitian or another HD with a version of OSX that it works with. When you boot or reboot hold option key down and select the older OS and hopefully all will work fine.

Did your laptop come with an earlier version? If so just use it on the separate drive. If not ask around, some friend may have a older version that is usable.

bob

B.S.Kumar
20-Apr-2011, 15:52
Also, I suggest posting your problem on the Luminous Landscape forum in the Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography section http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0 Many photographers with Sinar equipment post there, and you should get suggestions quickly. If there's no distributor in your country (which country?), did you buy it used? Perhaps the former owner might be able to help?

Kumar

maianh
20-Apr-2011, 19:25
Thanks Bob, Kumar,

This is what I have so far:

Can not upgrade firmware under using Snow Leopard (this info would be good for someone have problem with upgrade the firmware). The tech said I need older version one.
I check all the pins and their contact by a multimeter. All are fine. The voltage reading from the pins at the front standard is 11.17v - 11.18V. I own a Sinar F2 so the setup would not be a problem.
I use an old Sinar between the lens shutter with the back then everything seams fine. The back capture an image but because the lens was just been hold in front of the front standard of the P3 so the image is useless. It indicated that the back is OK.
I am trying to find an old machine and try it with my system to see what happen. I will post the result here in hope of help and help other as well.

Thanks for the time and advice.

maianh
22-Apr-2011, 05:15
The problem now is solved. There is a pin on the front standard covered by a thin clear pain.
Firmware updater runs in Mac G4 with OS 10.4.

Thank a lot for all your help, time, and input.

Regards,
Anh

Peter De Smidt
22-Apr-2011, 09:34
I'm glad it's working. Those types of issues can be really frustrating.