PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 Tibetan Skull Camera

urs0polar
19-Apr-2011, 22:28
is just the beginning... check this guy Wayne Martin Belger's cameras out (no affilation, just found it while random web surfing). This is originality in LF I would imagine. I think it's pretty cool; especially as the whole camera is purpose-built for a certain kind of image. The underwater one is awesome too. (Is this the right forum category? Also, apologies if this has been posted before; I searched and didn't see it):

http://boyofblue.com/cameras/yama.html

edit: Tibetan one doesn't look like 4x5, though it does have a filmholder. The other skull one is 4x5.

cosmicexplosion
19-Apr-2011, 23:29
mmmmmmm interesting

Ash
20-Apr-2011, 00:52
This guy's cameras have been linked to loads of times. Interesting though they are.

Jim Jones
20-Apr-2011, 06:09
Some cameras have little to do with photography.

urs0polar
20-Apr-2011, 06:41
This guy's cameras have been linked to loads of times. Interesting though they are.

Oh ok, sorry. I put the guy's name in the post this time so it can be searched a bit easier.

I like his resume, actually. Talk about odd jobs.

Scratched Glass
20-Apr-2011, 08:53
Interesting, but don't point that thing at me. It looks like it will steal you soul.

Nathan Appel
20-Apr-2011, 09:33
cool stuff! my first time to see this, probably wouldn't have used the search function because I didn't know it existed!!!!

Sean Galbraith
20-Apr-2011, 15:15
I went to an exhibition of his work a while ago, and cameras were there. They are really works of art themselves... very impressive.

Henry Wall
21-Apr-2011, 08:36
That bloke's a nutter - geddit?

Nathan Potter
21-Apr-2011, 09:06
Shoot. I was expecting a LF camera made out of skull bone. How about that? Does anyone know if animal bone would be good material for the structural part of a LF camera? It is potentially very strong, and light, due to its porosity.

Maybe equivalent to carbon; or too brittle?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

urs0polar
21-Apr-2011, 20:44
Shoot. I was expecting a LF camera made out of skull bone. How about that? Does anyone know if animal bone would be good material for the structural part of a LF camera? It is potentially very strong, and light, due to its porosity.

Maybe equivalent to carbon; or too brittle?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Now that's using your head! :p