PDA

View Full Version : Century Graphic 2 x 3 recessed lensboard

k8ewl
17-Apr-2011, 16:10
I have just obtained a Century Graphic 2 x 3 camera in great condition. I need a new recessed lensboard to mount a new lens. Does anyone know where I can obtain one.
Eric
k8ewl@nc.rr.com

Bill_1856
17-Apr-2011, 17:28
There weren't any.

k8ewl
17-Apr-2011, 18:22
Why are the so difficult to obtain?

Dan Fromm
18-Apr-2011, 01:37
Eric, can you read? There are no recessed boards for 2x3 Pacemaker Graphics. None were made.

Which lens do you want to mount? I ask because the 35/4.5 Apo Grandagon, so far the shortest lens that covers 2x3, can be used on a 2x3 Crown/Century Graphic. I have one, use it on my Century.

Mark MacKenzie
18-Apr-2011, 05:30
Maybe you mean recessed as in the edges are pressed around? That is, it is not a flat lensboard? I saw two Century lensboards on Ebay recently uncut.

-Mark

k8ewl
18-Apr-2011, 05:31
Hi:
The lens I want to mount is a 101mm f 4.5 optar. Here is what I have, and want to replace.

Vick Vickery
18-Apr-2011, 07:35
The lensboard you've pictured is shown from its back side. you can still use it by putting a little square of black plastic tape over each of the small holes. Measure it before ordering a new one...the ones for the 4x5 cameras are a different size, but look the same in photos.

Dan Fromm
18-Apr-2011, 08:44
www.mpex.com and www.skgrimes.com sell new boards for all three sizes of Pacemaker Graphic.

As Vick sort of told you, the board you have is an ordinary normal flat Pacemaker Graphic board. 2x3 Pacemakers use a board that's 2.5" x 2.5", larger sizes take larger. Eric, if the board is not drilled too large you seem to have what you need.

k8ewl
18-Apr-2011, 16:53
Hi guys:
This is the one I am attempting to buy. The hole is too small for the Graphlex Optar lens.
How do you enlarge the hole to the new size and get it exactly in the center? If this does not work I found one on EBAY.
Eric

Randy
18-Apr-2011, 18:13
How do you enlarge the hole to the new size and get it exactly in the center?

You can put a grinding bit in a drill like I have done, holding the lens board firmly and commence to reaming the hole larger. Do it gradually, checking the size as you go, like I have done. When you have buggered it up, like I have done, throw it in the trash and buy one on ebay that has the proper sized hole.