PDA

View Full Version : Horseman Lensboard Wobbly on 8x10 Shen Hao

ic-racer
15-Apr-2011, 13:48
I have all my lenses mounted on the little Technica boards and use the lensboard adapter that came with my Shen Hao FCL810-A.

However, I just got a Horseman 5.48" lensboard with some stuff and tried it on the Shen Hao and it is wobbly. It is too thin to fit snuggly.

I see on the Badger site it just says it takes Horseman lensboards. The Sk Grimes site seems to indicate the Sinar/Phillips/Horseman boards are interchangable. I don't see any wood lensboards in that size.

The Horseman board does have a groove around the back that would accept a bead round rubber or some square cross-section foam rubber that would allow it to seal better and not wobble.

Just wondered what others are using.

Oren Grad
15-Apr-2011, 15:02
Dick Phillips used to warn buyers of his cameras that there was some variation among boards labeled "Horseman-type" or "Sinar-type" and that he couldn't guarantee that every one would fit perfectly. BTW, he used to sell wooden boards to fit his cameras, so such things do exist.

When I have a board that's a bit thin, I'll shim it with electrical tape on the front, in the areas that sit under the retaining clips or bars on top and bottom. It's been more of an issue with 6" wooden boards for my WP Eastman, but once in a great while I've needed to shim an off-brand Sinar-type board in that way too.

Kirk Gittings
15-Apr-2011, 15:22
I shim mine with a layer of gel superglue on the backside. Build it up till its a hair too much and sand off till its snug. Works like a champ.