PDA

View Full Version : HELP--stuck cambo ballhead

johnielvis
15-Apr-2011, 08:07
haven't used it in 6 months or so...didn't store it tight...went to loosen it...it turned a bit to loosen...but I loosened it too much all the way and now it's stuck in the loose (no friction) positon--so the ball just slops around--you can lock it down, but it's now impossible to adjust properly without friction

the rubber ring around the plastic coated inside tension adjuster slips now--I believe that is the main problem---any fixes anybody knows of--the tension adjuster is in a tight spot INSIDE and I can't really grip it with anything..and now with my fingers the blasted ring just rotates---hell--now I can't even remember which direction I should be turning it---I guess I'll try putting contact cement on the rubber to get it to stick back the way it should but that's gonna get sloppy---anybody know how to disassemble one of these things---I only see 2 screws that look like they'd do anything--but i dont' want to ahve stuff shoot out--every time I take apart a cambo piece I find out that something was spring loaded, but I never find out what as it shoots accross the room into oblivion.

johnielvis
15-Apr-2011, 16:56
well--brute force to the rescue---put carpenters clamps on a plumbers wrench and was able to squeeze enough to get a bit of torque to break it loose--had to whack it a couple of times....

I'm still trying to figure out how to disassemble it---anybody ever taken apart a ball head? the cambo type? I'd like to be able to get int there to replace the rubber ring with one that won't slip anymore