PDA

View Full Version : Holy cr@p, I just scanned what Technika Masters "aren't" selling for.

Vick Ko
14-Apr-2011, 05:45
Holy cr@p, I just scanned what Technika Masters "aren't" selling for.

Bottom's fallen out of that market !

Tech Master V in Victoria took 35 bids, to only get to $1025 ?????

...Vick

Frank Petronio
14-Apr-2011, 06:26
eBay's new indexing at work. Even a beater V for a grand is a steal.

David Higgs
14-Apr-2011, 06:26
hmmm

checks behind sofa....

Bob Salomon
14-Apr-2011, 06:31
Vick,

Try getting the facts straight.

Linhof made a Technika III, A Technika IV, A Technika V and the V was replaced many years ago with the Master Technika.

There has never been a camera called a Master V.

Only the Master Technika, currently called a Master Technika Classic - this is a currently manufactured model. The Master Technika 2000 which is discontiued and the current Master Technika 3000.

So are you saying a 40 year old version sold?

Brian Ellis
14-Apr-2011, 09:38
Hard to tell whether it was a V or a Master. I'm surprised there were a lot of bids and apparently no questions about which it was. The color of the leatherette in the photos doesn't look like the black leatherette of a a Master but photos aren't very good and the description refers to a lifting flap on the top, which would make it a Master (unless conceivably the owner had the top of a V cut to make a flap). Unfortunately there are no pictures of the top of the camera. $1,025 would be a spectacular price for a Master in good condition and a very good but not great price for a V in good condition.

Bob Salomon
14-Apr-2011, 12:37
It is a V. Enlarge the first shot and you can see that there is no lift-up top flap on the top of the camera.
He was probably describing the rise mechanism in very poor English.