PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 90/5.6 Fujinon SWD which was dropped and realigned?

Thierry J. ROY
13-Dec-2000, 20:19
Should I be wary of buying a 90/5.6 Fujinon SWD which was dropped and realigned by a reputable company 2 - 3 years ago? According to the seller the lenses were n?t touch in the incident and are still impeccable today. Should I ask for the realignment to be checked because it has never been done since?

I will be grateful for any opinion or advise in the matter.

sheldon hambrick
13-Dec-2000, 22:35
I'd just look for another lens.....for my piece of mind. Unless the price were LOW.

Doug Paramore
13-Dec-2000, 23:30
Thierry: I would agree that another lens might be better. There could be internal stresses with the elements that could cause problems later, even though it has been a couple of years. If you have to pay for the alignment check, it might be cheaper to just go ahead and buy another lens. I might consider the lens if it were quite cheap. It might test o.k. If the damage were very slight from the drop, it might be fine. I would demand the right to test and return the lens if it isn't satisfactory. I realize I'm rambling, but it depends upon the damage.

Regards,