PDA

View Full Version : Advices for technika IV

lecep
12-Apr-2011, 04:44
Hello,

I can't get the rise plate to keep the height (it fall inexorably) when using SA 90, do you know a trick to keep it up (friction is not enough)?
Also, who has an release cable adaptator for sale?

BR

Bob Salomon
12-Apr-2011, 06:35
Your camera is overdue for service. And which version and what part of the cable release adapter are you looking for? To be used with which lens, shutter and lens board?

lecep
13-Apr-2011, 01:36
I am looking for the adaptator that is screwed on the release cable to fit the quick linhof system on recessed plates. Lense is SA 90 f 8.0
The camera was serviced recently by the previous owner but I made the mistake to grease every part of the camera with wd40. Obvioulsy i was overzealous here.

Bob Salomon
13-Apr-2011, 02:08
I am looking for the adaptator that is screwed on the release cable to fit the quick linhof system on recessed plates. Lense is SA 90 f 8.0
The camera was serviced recently by the previous owner but I made the mistake to grease every part of the camera with wd40. Obvioulsy i was overzealous here.

You mean that you need the screw on thread less nipple for the cable release? Those are available from a Linhof service center.

lecep
13-Apr-2011, 03:28
ok, thanks!

E. von Hoegh
13-Apr-2011, 07:22

Get that WD40 off of there. If you keep the camera long enough, it will thicken and clog everything it is on. WD40 is not a lubricant regardless of what the label might say.

lecep
14-Apr-2011, 01:30
Get that WD40 off of there. If you keep the camera long enough, it will thicken and clog everything it is on. WD40 is not a lubricant regardless of what the label might say.

I used WD40 to prevent rust....looks like it was a bad idea.
What should i do now? Use oil? do nothing?

E. von Hoegh
14-Apr-2011, 07:07
I used WD40 to prevent rust....looks like it was a bad idea.
What should i do now? Use oil? do nothing?

There isn't much on a Linhof that can rust, on mine I used a light lubricant/cleaner called "Break Free" to clean the old gunk off of the dovetail ways, leaving just a hint to lubricate. These parts are alloy, so they won't be rusting. WD40 will also attract any grit and dust in the area, forming a grinding compound that won't do the camera a bit of good. Unless you have a good deal of experience with precision goodies like the Linhof, it's best to let a pro deal with it.