PDA

View Full Version : Master Technika normal front standard height?

Jordan
9-Apr-2011, 21:32
I seldom use rise on my Linhof and was wondering is this because when you pull the front standard out it is already at normal height? I'm using 135mm and 120mm lenses. Any other camera I have owned always had a mark that indicated where the normal height was. Thanks for any info.

Linhof
10-Apr-2011, 05:10
yes, I guess so. I use the rise to shoot high rise building to keep vertical. When I need fall, I mount the camera upside down.

Jordan
10-Apr-2011, 08:41
Thanks, but your uncertainty sounds like mine. Perhaps someone else will be able to contribute as well?

ic-racer
10-Apr-2011, 09:47
Are your ground glass corners clipped? If so, you should be able to tell when it is centered vertically.

Bob Salomon
10-Apr-2011, 10:10
Are you using Linhof boards? If so then that is the normal position for the front standard. the center of the lens will be centered on the center of the gg when the normal lenses are used on Linhof boards. If you are using third party boards where the hole is placed differently then on a Linhof board then no, the lens will not be properly centered on the gg.

Jordan
10-Apr-2011, 10:25
I am using central drilled lens boards. Does this mean that I am lower than center, center, or slightly above? My corners are clipped but enough to really see. Thanks for the info thus far and any further.

Oren Grad
10-Apr-2011, 11:05
I am using central drilled lens boards. Does this mean that I am lower than center, center, or slightly above?

The hole on Linhof boards is displaced downward. So a center-drilled board moves the lens up relative to Linhof's intended positioning.

Jordan
10-Apr-2011, 11:18
I hate to have to have things spelled out for me haha, but with a centered drilled lens board I am essentially using a slight amount of rise on a Linhof?

Bob Salomon
10-Apr-2011, 13:12
I hate to have to have things spelled out for me haha, but with a centered drilled lens board I am essentially using a slight amount of rise on a Linhof?

yes

Jordan
10-Apr-2011, 20:11
Thank you all very much!

Bill_1856
10-Apr-2011, 20:34
Even the offset hole may not center the lens. Slide the front standard all the way into the camera body, open the shutter, and see if the out-of-focus image circle is centered on your ground glass.