PDA

View Full Version : Focusing issues with Polaroid Back?

krisliu77
8-Apr-2011, 08:00
I know there is another thread about this topic, but by went through that thread, it was not the same issues here.

What I facing here is, Polaroid back(Fuji PA-45) mounted on Canham DLC45 after focus. But the result seems out of focus a little bit. I knew from the last thread that I should not expect much detail from instant film, but I think it is not quite a detail problem. The scanned (1200dpi scanned from V700) photo seems OOF.

Does anyone else have similar problem? Or just me? Any solutions?

Cheers
Kris

JustinB
8-Apr-2011, 08:50
I know there is another thread about this topic, but by went through that thread, it was not the same issues here.

What I facing here is, Polaroid back(Fuji PA-45) mounted on Canham DLC45 after focus. But the result seems out of focus a little bit. I knew from the last thread that I should not expect much detail from instant film, but I think it is not quite a detail problem. The scanned (1200dpi scanned from V700) photo seems OOF.

Does anyone else have similar problem? Or just me? Any solutions?

Cheers
Kris

If I don't lock everything down hard then I get the same thing. The polaroid back is just so darn *BIG* that you can easily shift the rear standard slightly as a result of inserting it. At least you can on my Sinar F2.

If I make sure everything is locked down tight though, then I get some pretty detailed photographs out of it.

krisliu77
8-Apr-2011, 17:20
If I don't lock everything down hard then I get the same thing. The polaroid back is just so darn *BIG* that you can easily shift the rear standard slightly as a result of inserting it. At least you can on my Sinar F2.

If I make sure everything is locked down tight though, then I get some pretty detailed photographs out of it.

So the problem is the movement when I insert the back rather than the problem with the back? That's great, I'll try careful next time.

Thanks mate.

Kris