PDA

View Full Version : What size lens caps do I need?

Sean Galbraith
5-Apr-2011, 17:55
I recently bought:

72 Grandagon 4.5
150 Caltar 5.6

and need front and rear caps for them. What sizes do I need? Anything special I should know, or stores I should shop at?

thanks!

Leigh
5-Apr-2011, 18:25
I believe the Caltar 150/5.6 is the same as the Rodenstock Sironar-N, which uses 51 front and 42 rear.

You can find a selection of OEM lens caps at KEH http://www.keh.com

Click on Large Format, then click on Large Format, then click on Body and Lens Caps under Lens Accessories.

- Leigh

Frank_E
5-Apr-2011, 18:54
I suspect there are a variety of different Caltar 150 5.6

I have a Caltar S which is 67 front and 42 rear

have also seen reference to a Caltar II which I believe is the same as the Geronar

Mike Anderson
5-Apr-2011, 19:18
I recently bought:

72 Grandagon 4.5
150 Caltar 5.6

and need front and rear caps for them. What sizes do I need? Anything special I should know, or stores I should shop at?

thanks!

If it's a Caltar II-N 150mm f5.6 it takes a 49mm cap or filter (or step up ring). I don't have a rear cap but the back measures about 40mm.

...Mike

ic-racer
6-Apr-2011, 05:41
Measure your diameter. Press-on caps are sized by the outer diameter of tha barrel. Unlike screw on caps. Kaiser makes a whole range of press-on sizes if you want to go 'aftermarket.'

Frank_E
6-Apr-2011, 05:46
Measure your diameter. Press-on caps are sized by the outer diameter of tha barrel. Unlike screw on caps. Kaiser makes a whole range of press-on sizes if you want to go 'aftermarket.'

where does Kaiser sell their caps?
thanks

Bob Salomon
6-Apr-2011, 05:49
where does Kaiser sell their caps?
thanks

In Canada the Kaiser distributor is Nadel in Toronto. They sell them to the Canadian camera stores. In the USA we are the importer and sell them to camera stores in the USA.

So the short answer is from your favorite camera store.