PDA

View Full Version : B&J lens board adapter ?

gliderbee
5-Apr-2011, 14:03
The B&J lens boards that came with my new-to-me B&J 5x7 camera are about 13.2cm x 13.2cm (about 5.2"x5.2").

All my lenses are on Technica lens boards, and I would like to keep it that way if possible. Do adapters exist to mount a Technica lens board to a B&J camera ?

Thanks,
Stefan.

Oren Grad
5-Apr-2011, 14:06
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has made one, though it might take a while to find a used one for sale. Richard Ritter or SK Grimes can make you a new one.

TheDeardorffGuy
5-Apr-2011, 14:29
If you have a blank board I can convert it to Linhof.
Ken

mdm
5-Apr-2011, 21:58
This is what I would do. Take one of the boards with a big copal #3 hole. They are all MDF which is soft. Get a Technica board and trace out a sillhouette on the B&J board. Use a craft knife and a hard edge to cut down into the MDF board. Then use the knife to lever out a corner, if you are lucky you will tear a flake off about the correct depth to take a technica board. You may need to finish it off with a chisel. Then get 4 screws and some tabs of some sort from a hardware store to use to hold the technica board in place. The MDF boards have a piece bored out from the back so choose the thickest one. I did actually make one myself but it was ugly so I didnt send it. Sorry for that. I found I preferred 5x7 so put all my lenses onto B&J boards and sold the 4x5.

gliderbee
6-Apr-2011, 23:27
I did actually make one myself but it was ugly so I didnt send it. Sorry for that. I found I preferred 5x7 so put all my lenses onto B&J boards and sold the 4x5.

David, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;). No problem, I'll work something out.

Stefan.

Dan Dozer
8-Apr-2011, 17:03
There's a guy on Ebay who sells lens boards that he makes himself for relatively cheap prices. They aren't necessary perfect, but the seem to work fine for me. I got a bunch of his for my deardorff and he also made a Deardorff adaptor board for Linhoff Technica style boards for about $20. I don't know of he makes B&J, but it's worth checking. Do a search for Deardorff boards and you'll probably find him.