PDA

View Full Version : Toyo 810M max extension

gliderbee
5-Apr-2011, 11:45
I've read somewhere the max bellows extension of this camera can be augmented to about 800mm (I now have about 660mm) by reversing the front standard.

Is that correct ? If so, how do I do it ? I guess I have to remove the infinity stops, loosen the bellows and pulling it out of the rails, reversing it and put everything back in ? I thought I'd better ask first before experimenting too much ..

Thanks,
Stefan.

Philippe Grunchec
5-Apr-2011, 11:48
I think that is for the 810MII version! I can check tomorrow (I own the old version).

gliderbee
5-Apr-2011, 13:57
I think that is for the 810MII version! I can check tomorrow (I own the old version).

That would be great; as I see it, the standard bellows will not cut it (it looks quite maxed out at 660mm), but maybe with the bellows for the 810MII or a third-party bellows ?

Stefan.

Michael Kadillak
5-Apr-2011, 19:42
The specs for the newer version of the 810M claims a 820mm extension. This must be accomplished with slightly longer factory bellows and reversing the front standard in combination with using the forward capabilities of the front standard to its full capabilities.

I own the older version of the Toyo 810 that is tan in color and it works perfectly fine with up to a 24" lens. My next longer lens is 30" and I have not attempted to use it with this camera.