PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Cup lid versus Center Column lid

Lachlan 717
3-Apr-2011, 23:49
Pretty simple question:

Does the Jobo Chemical Cup Lid allow the same rate of flow of liquid as the lid that fits the centre column?

I am considering processing 7x17 in a 2-series paper tank on a CPE-2 and was wondering whether I can add/remove liquid through the cup lid with cog fitting, as quickly as with a tank that has the centre column/reel column.

Thanks,

Erik Larsen
4-Apr-2011, 06:33
I would think it would be ok. Are you sure you can fit a drum large enough for 7x17 on your cpe2?
Regard
Erik

IanMazursky
4-Apr-2011, 22:00
The print cup does hold a small amount of liquid when you pour it in.
It also does slow the flow down a bit but im not sure that it will effect your processing times.

For processing 8x10 film with my ATL 2200 using 2x00 series drums, i use the center column lid and plug it with the plugs that jobo used to sell.
It forces the chemistry around the sides and doesn’t retain any. I switched all of my drums to this and put the print cups in storage.
Send me a PM, I think have a few plugs somewhere.

Erik Larsen
5-Apr-2011, 05:58
The print cup does hold a small amount of liquid when you pour it in.
It also does slow the flow down a bit but im not sure that it will effect your processing times.

For processing 8x10 film with my ATL 2200 using 2x00 series drums, i use the center column lid and plug it with the plugs that jobo used to sell.
It forces the chemistry around the sides and doesn’t retain any. I switched all of my drums to this and put the print cups in storage.
Send me a PM, I think have a few plugs somewhere.

Good advice Ian, also a rubber stopper from the hardware store will work to plug the hole as well.
regards
erik

Jim Noel
5-Apr-2011, 09:08
Which tank are you considering using?
When I have used paper tanks for 7x17 film a line has formed on the negative along the seam.
Jim

Lachlan 717
5-Apr-2011, 13:59
Which tank are you considering using?
When I have used paper tanks for 7x17 film a line has formed on the negative along the seam.
Jim

It'll be a Frankenstein tank - whatever I can get my hands on!

I've got 2 extension tubes, but only a Multi Tank 2 base (thus, not long enough). I have both "regular" and cup lids, but don't think I have enough of the centre columns to reach when I get a longer base tube.

So, I was thinking of using the cup lid (i.e. no column) instead.

As for the line forming, I'm thinking of trying this with an insect screen tube insert. The 2-Series will be for single sheets. I have an Expert 3063 for multiple sheets.

Hope this makes some sense!

Erik Larsen
5-Apr-2011, 14:21
I believe all you need to do is plug the hole in your regular lid if you do not want to use the cup holder. It's worked for me for years with 8x10 and 11x14 negs in a print drum on a cpe2+. I do not get uneven development at the seams, but I do use window screen to line the tank. On my cpe2 the max size I can do is 11x14 (it has a lift) can your's do 17 inches?
Regards
Erik

Lachlan 717
5-Apr-2011, 14:52
I believe all you need to do is plug the hole in your regular lid if you do not want to use the cup holder. It's worked for me for years with 8x10 and 11x14 negs in a print drum on a cpe2+. I do not get uneven development at the seams, but I do use window screen to line the tank. On my cpe2 the max size I can do is 11x14 (it has a lift) can your's do 17 inches?
Regards
Erik

Thanks, Erik.

Looks like I'll need to have a look at the plug as an option.

As for the processor doing 17", I might have got the model wrong. It might be a CPA. Not something that I've ever checked.

I have had the 3063 on it, so I know that it can take long tanks!