PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my Sinar P2 to strobes

tinao
31-Mar-2011, 20:39
So far we have only used hot light for our assignments for school. This week we are using strobes for the first time.
After setting up my camera and my whole set, I realized there was no way to sync the P2 with the strobes / pocket wizard?? Can anyone tell me how they sync their P2 and where it is located? I am using the P2 with an automatic shutter.

toolbox
1-Apr-2011, 07:39
So far we have only used hot light for our assignments for school. This week we are using strobes for the first time.
After setting up my camera and my whole set, I realized there was no way to sync the P2 with the strobes / pocket wizard?? Can anyone tell me how they sync their P2 and where it is located? I am using the P2 with an automatic shutter.

Best option is using a shutter that can sync a flash, and then use whatever method to fire the strobes--radio triggers like PWs are great, or you could trigger them optically if you're in a studio space. PC cords are annoying to work with, but they do work (most of the time :D). If your shutter has no sync port, your only other option is to do everything manually. Keep the ambient light level low enough it won't show up in your exposure, then just set the shutter to bulb. Open the shutter, pop the flash, close the shutter. I've done this with a Betax that had no sync port, and it works fine. I used my Cybersyncs to trigger the flash, and just hit the test button. If you're using something like ASA100 film, just make sure your aperture is at least f8 or f11 (or more) and keep the room lights dim...you should be fine.