PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Calumet 4x5 Cameras

Gib Craig
25-Jul-2000, 07:21
Am trying to identify several calumet, and orbit, 4x5 cameras for a friend, so t hat he can catalog them, and maybe sell them. At this point we have no idea of w hat models we have here, other than they are older, lower priced models. Is ther e any site out there to help identifying these cameras? Any help is greatly appr eciated.

Steven Hopkin-Jones
16-Nov-2001, 11:26
Hi, I recently purchased an old Calumet camera from an American over here in Wales UK.

Included in the sale was a photocopy of the original handbook. The following is from the handbook :

THREE MODELS FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE

1.The STANDARD 4x5 CAMERA is designed for lenses having normal covering power over a 45 negative format, with a 16" bellows extension, making it suitable for all normal view camera work, including wide angle with moderate use of swings.

2. The LONG FOCUS 4x5 CAMERA is built with a 22" bellows, for those who prefer to use longer focal length lenses.

3. The WIDE FIELD CAMERA has a soft 7-3/16" bellows for greater ease in wide angle work. It will take lenses from 6 1/2 to 47mm and offers swings limited only by lens coverages.

I hope this is of some help.

If you would like a copy of the handbook I will gladly post one on to you.

think I have a STANDARD 4x5 CAMERA . The serial number is 7500. I would like to know the value of this, so if you have found out anything please let me know!

Yours, Steven Hopkin-Jones.