PDA

View Full Version : Graflex 4X5 on E-*

tom thomas
31-Mar-2011, 08:08
Check out this Graflex 4X5? Crown Graphic, Item 160565916910, on E-**. It's advertised as a 4X5 but has a f4.5, 101mm lens. I think it's a Model 23 (2X3) instead as the lens takes up most of the area of the lensboard. Am I right? Nice looking Graflok back camera anyway.

Here is a photo of the f4.5/101mm Ektar on my 23 Crown. The two lens/lensplates sure seem to be the same size. The photo on E-* won't copy so I couldn't include it for direct comparison.

Should the seller be informed if I'm right?

Tom

toolbox
31-Mar-2011, 08:42
Check out this Graflex 4X5? Crown Graphic, Item 160565916910, on E-**. It's advertised as a 4X5 but has a f4.5, 101mm lens. I think it's a Model 23 (2X3) instead as the lens takes up most of the area of the lensboard. Am I right? Nice looking Graflok back camera anyway.

Here is a photo of the f4.5/101mm Ektar on my 23 Crown. The two lens/lensplates sure seem to be the same size. The photo on E-* won't copy so I couldn't include it for direct comparison.

Should the seller be informed if I'm right?

Tom

I've done that a couple of times...just send them an FYI note explaining what they actually have. They've always been appreciative so far...

bruiser
2-Apr-2011, 03:51
Usually it an an honest mistake by those sellers who know little about cameras. They measure the outside of the camera instead of noting the actual film size.

Bruce

tim o'brien
3-Apr-2011, 00:10
You are affecting the order of the universe. What concern is it of yours that some schmuck is trying to make a profit on something they know nothing about?

tim in san jose

LyleB
3-Apr-2011, 08:23
I've corrected a few sellers when I noticed major discrepancies. They have always responded appreciatively, at least that is the impression they have given. Have then corrected the listing.

I would want to be certain of my facts though.