PDA

View Full Version : I combine photography with camera repair in California

Henry Paine Camera Repair
25-Mar-2011, 14:37
I want to introduce myself as a member of the Large Format Photography Forum Community since 2001 (better late than never). I am a large- and medium-format photographer using black & white film. I use the Zone System technique that was first developed by Ansel Adams and was fortunate enough to participate in a couple of his workshops before he passed away in 1984. I currently use a 5x7” Ansco and a 6x9cm Galvin as my primary cameras. My LF Profile describes my other photographic equipment and materials.

In 1975 I wanted to make a living in the field of photography, but did not want to be a commercial photographer, so I took a correspondence course in camera repair offered by SPT (Society of Photo-Technologists International), then started repairing cameras for a local camera store. My reputation spread by favorable word of mouth until I was able to open my own camera repair business.

My two interests—photography and camera repair—have meshed to make me knowledgeable in both areas and I feel lucky to be able to work with them every day of my life. I hope some of you will visit my website, www.henrypaine.com (http://www.henrypaine.com), and feel free to contact me with questions about my methods and technique in photography and/or camera repair.

Brian C. Miller
25-Mar-2011, 22:12
Hi, Henry! Let me guess, you're trying for lowest post count per year, right?

So what caused you to break your vow of silence after all this time? (reference, Life of Brian, Brian and Hermit (http://corky.net/scripts/life_brian.html))

You have some very nice images. We really ought to make a directory here of camera repair services. Every time someone asks for repair, it would be good to point them at one page.

Roger Thoms
25-Mar-2011, 23:10
Henry, welcome to LFPF, even though you have been a member longer than I have. I'm pretty sure that we've met at the Gladding McBean workshops. Checked out your website and really enjoyed seeing your photography especially the GMB stuff.

Roger

Curt
25-Mar-2011, 23:12
Brain is he replies it going to be #3.

Henry, I took a look at your website and the images there are excellent, it's very nice of you to introduce yourself to us, thanks,

Curt

Henry Paine Camera Repair
26-Mar-2011, 10:43
Thanks for the kind words on the website. I've tried to register as a member for some time (years?), but could not seem to figure out how to do it. Finally had my wife get the job done, as I needed to answer some recent questions concerning shutter servicing.

Henry

Jim Galli
26-Mar-2011, 22:12
Welcome Henry. I really enjoyed looking at your web site. Wonderful black and white.

Vick Vickery
30-Mar-2011, 06:31
Welcome to group therapy! :) We can't have too many repairmen to advise us around here!

William Whitaker
30-Mar-2011, 07:08
Very nice Henry. Welcome!