PDA

View Full Version : HUGE private camera collection for sale...

Emil Schildt
24-Mar-2011, 14:51
(I have nothing to do with the seller - I don't know about the prices, but I surely like what I see... and there's a lot of LF cameras and lenses in there...)

More than 2000 items.....

Something to dream about!!:rolleyes:

http://www.kameramuseum.com/Kamerasamling/index.html

Monty McCutchen
25-Mar-2011, 10:32
Emil,

Do you know how to go about bidding on items? I couldn't see on the page linked how to go about it or when it was. Not sure I could afford the things that interested me but it would be fun to follow anyway.

btw did Kala ever become a photographer like she wanted to way back in the day when I first came to know your incredible work?

continued success

Monty

Scott Walker
25-Mar-2011, 10:41
Looks like he wants to sell the collection as a whole

Marc B.
25-Mar-2011, 10:47
It looks like the site initially wants to try selling the entire collection to one buyer. We will have to wait and see what happens.

http://www.kameramuseum.com/English.html

Bill_1856
25-Mar-2011, 11:18
Too much!

Monty McCutchen
25-Mar-2011, 12:33
And there I was trying to figure out if I could afford the Cooke!!! Guess I am out of the running by just a wee bit.

Monty

Emil Schildt
25-Mar-2011, 12:37
And there I was trying to figure out if I could afford the Cooke!!! Guess I am out of the running by just a wee bit.

Monty

me too...:D

No - Kala isn't a photographer..
She is a tattoist (!!) and now studying architecture.

She is still as beautiful as ever...

And talented. Thanks for your kind words.

Steven Tribe
25-Mar-2011, 14:11
So now I know what happened to all the Euryscopes and Large Tailback (reisekameras) cameras I have looking for everywhere in Sweden!
A very wide range of interests. I am suprised he hasn't specified the lenses in more detail - there are a lot of interesting looking lenses on some of the bigger "bellows" cameras, too.
Perhaps we could offer him instant listing facilities in our "For Sale" section?

Emil Schildt
25-Mar-2011, 14:53
So now I know what happened to all the Euryscopes and Large Tailback (reisekameras) cameras I have looking for everywhere in Sweden!
A very wide range of interests. I am suprised he hasn't specified the lenses in more detail - there are a lot of interesting looking lenses on some of the bigger "bellows" cameras, too.
Perhaps we could offer him instant listing facilities in our "For Sale" section?

yes - I noticed that too.

Or we could write him and ask him to specify a little clearer (most be a tiresome work, though...)

joselsgil
25-Mar-2011, 16:04
Do you think that they would accept a Nigerian check for the camera collection? :D

Steven Tribe
26-Mar-2011, 15:08
I have sent him a note asking for more information. I have mentioned the "for sale" section here. And said that help would be available if he wanted assistance with item description/specification. Will post response here.

Emil Schildt
26-Mar-2011, 15:35
I have sent him a note asking for more information. I have mentioned the "for sale" section here. And said that help would be available if he wanted assistance with item description/specification. Will post response here.

great - interesting to hear what he says, if he responds.

Steven Tribe
26-Mar-2011, 16:37
My last update must have got lost.
They (a committee, I think) want to sell it as a collection - there may even be a something in their "consitution" that disposal must be as a complete entity. Will continue to update.

Two23
26-Mar-2011, 17:26
Hey! Maybe we can all get together and buy it! We could have a big conference in someplace fun, and raffle off the stuff among us. :D

Kent in SD

Steven Tribe
27-Mar-2011, 02:13
They can see the argument that "theme" or "item" sale is more sensible than total collection sale. However, the asking price (at least, the valuation that a chairman for a photographic club has put on it) for the whole lot is 3.5 million SEK.

That just leaves a few of us (or rather you) in the hunt!

soeren
28-Mar-2011, 10:09
Hmmm let me just check my bankaccount hhhm.......................
I've got most of it. Need only another 3.499.990SEK :D
Best regards

Steven Tribe
28-Mar-2011, 12:40
And the exchange rate has being going the wrong way (for non Swedes) for more than a year. Every 1% increase in the value of the Swedish Kronar means an extra 35,000 SEK.

Steven Tribe
24-Jun-2011, 14:52
I have in touch with him a few times since March. Trying to tout sales of the LF stuff here.

He says, to-day, that the collection has been sold.

I don't think this is Eddie, although he has been in the area!