PDA

View Full Version : Intuos 2 question

Brad Rippe
23-Mar-2011, 11:37
I recently acquired an Intuos 2 tablet, and since I'm new to this tablet technology, I was wondering if the newer tablets are worth it. I've been attempting to get the feel of it, but it seems to be somewhat crude, but that could be my lack of technique.
Are the newer ones worth the upgrade?
Thanks
-Brad

gnuyork
25-Mar-2011, 04:45
I have the 2 and have used the 3 (a friend's). I prefer my Intuos 2.

I wasn't crazy about it at first. It took a while to get used to. But now I use it everyday and I couldn't imagine working without it. I don't use any of the bells and whistles in the top of the tablet.

gnuyork
25-Mar-2011, 04:50
by the way. What size do you have. I have the 6x8 (blue) tablet. My friend had the bigger size Intuos 3 and I felt the 6x8 size was more efficient for getting around. The bigger size seemed like it took a lot of effort to get from one side of the monitor to the other.

I have also tried to work on the lesser graphire in the 4x5 size and I could quite get along with that either.

David de Gruyl
25-Mar-2011, 12:35
Are you drawing? If not, I doubt that the difference in models makes a huge difference.

I also had a hard time adjusting to the tablet (I've got a 4, I think), but once you get used to it, it is wonderful.

Brad Rippe
25-Mar-2011, 12:58
Thanks for the replies.
Gnuyork I have the 6 by 8 size and David I am doing some drawing, but mostly retouching in PS. I'll keep using it and it will hopefully become more intuitive (sorry for the pun) for me.
Thanks again,
-Brad

gnuyork
25-Mar-2011, 13:26
I don't know if you do this, but I just thought about it and I sort of rest the edge of my palm on the tablet to help steady the pen movement. I can almost get to each edge of the screen without much hand movement. That's why I think the 6x8 size is ideal. 4x5 may be a bit cramped, but certainly I felt the bigger size cause me to use too much hand movement to be efficient.

sperry
13-Apr-2011, 12:00
I agree. Once you get used to it you'll never go back. Best thing to do is hide your mouse and use the pen only.

I have the 4 and love the programmable shortcut buttons. They have done an incredible job in making it ideal for photographers/illustrators.

Commercial Photographer Richmond, VA (http://spsquared.com)