PDA

View Full Version : B&W will be available in single sheet Readyload!

John Bailey
8-Oct-2000, 12:43
Yesterday, I attended the Calumet Photo Show in Chicago. I had the opportunity to speak with several Kodak reps at the show and comment on concerns about black and white films disappearing from Readyload options. They have assured me that T-Max will be made for the new single-sheet packets!!!! While it is not being rolled out with the color versions, it probably will appear shortly after the fi rst of the new year. An issue has been the the way the film is manufactured and the inherent T-Max structure which makes it sensitive to pressure and the way p eople may hold the sheets which may cause image distortions (as I understand it) . I will trust Kodak.

james norman
8-Oct-2000, 20:55
well, i can see that the rather testy email i sent to kodak about this paid off :-) but i'll believe it when i hold the new tmax100 single sheet packet in my hands.

does any one know yet whether the new packets are designed to work in the current readyload film holder, or if they are making an all new holder?

bob moulton
8-Oct-2000, 22:45
I also attended the Calumet Show and was told the dsame information by a Kodak rep. In addition, the data sheet stated that "The sealed packets can be used with the Kodak Readyload Packet film holder and other holders such as the Polaroid 545I holder and the Fujifilm Quickload film holder." On the flip side of the data sheet appeared a list of ilms and catalog numbers. As most readers know, only Ektachromes and Portra 160VC film are listed currently. BUT no announcement or catalog numner appears indicating that Kodak will introduce a new Readyload Film Holder. So it is possible that the current b/w readyloads may be continued and the new single -sheet packets will also be introduced. Bob

Tom Keenan
9-Oct-2000, 21:53
Better news would be that T-Max would be available in Quickloads ;-)

Hans Berkhout
10-Oct-2000, 00:38
What good is a film if from year to year you can't count on it's availability ( no matter if it's packaged in the holder of your choice or just in a box)?

I quit using Kodak products immediately after the company stopped production of Tri-X packfilm, that sure messed up an earlier planned photo trip for me!

I am quite happy with my Harrison medium size film change bag on my trips, I am wasting less film because I think three times before I shoot.

howard woodruff
15-Oct-2000, 17:34
Fui make an excellent iso 80 B/W film, Neopan commercial, that is available in single sheet quickload packs. Why wait for TMax?

Sal Santamaura
30-Jan-2001, 15:59
Well, since February is the day after tomorrow, this seems like a good time to ask whether anyone has seen TMX in new single sheet ReadyLoad packets yet. "...shortly after the first of the new year..."???

Sal Santamaura
13-Feb-2001, 12:12
OK, I'm publicly eating crow. One must give the Yellow Peril its due when earned. Now, did anyone at PMA see Kodak's new holder, and, if so, were you able to tell whether it corrects the film positioning problem caused by not accounting for envelope thickness?