PDA

View Full Version : Ground Glass Viewing Accessories--readers

Raymond Bleesz
21-Mar-2011, 20:03
I happen to be in my dentist chair this am & saw a pair of specialized view optics & thought they might work viewing the ground glass as I'm getting poor vision at my age and I use 3+ readers to help me out.

The name of the company is Orascoptic (www.) Has anyone used these optics or similar in viewing the ground glass? Comments??/

Thank you

cpercy
21-Mar-2011, 22:00
Try an optivisor considerable less expensive than the $1500 dollar ones the dentists use.
They come in several magnifications.

Joseph Dickerson
22-Mar-2011, 08:37
Hi,

I have been using +6 diopter reading glasses since I read about them on this forum some months ago. You can also get flip down magnifiers (+4 diopter) that clip on to you regular glasses like sun glasses as well.

I've used both and find the +6 readers to be perfect for me. Bought mine online for about $20.

The typical magnifying hoods are too bulky for me.

JD

Leigh
22-Mar-2011, 08:47
Optivisors work great. The lenses are interchangeable for whatever power you want.

There are two versions, one with glass lenses and one with plastic.

There's a single lens unit with optics for both eyes.

Buy the real ones, made by Donegan Optical Co. in the USA. They cost about $30 for plastic lens version or $50 for the glass lenses. You can buy additional lenses.

- Leigh

aduncanson
22-Mar-2011, 09:23
I too have admired the magnifiers that my dentist used, but always assumed that they would not be reasonably priced.

I find that a system consisting of reading glasses selected to allow me to take in the entire focusing screen for composing, combined with the 4X Flip 'n' Focus Magnifier sold by Cabella's for precise focusing, is near perfect.