PDA

View Full Version : DIAFINE AND JOBO ?

Guillaume Zuili
12-Jul-2000, 12:13
Hi everybody, I would like to know if somebody has experienced Diafine two bath developper wit h rotatory processing. Notice says to immerse film into solution (I can't do that with my Jobo with Lif t) and avoid excessive agitation. I need help and advice, thanks.

William Marderness
12-Jul-2000, 19:15
I have used 2-bath D-23 with a Jobo processor. I just poured in part "A." I don't think you need to worry about the Diafine instructions. Just pour the Diafine in, and it should work.

N Dhananjay
12-Jul-2000, 20:36
I seem to remember Anchell and Troop saying that the 2 bath type was a particularly good bet for rotary processing. Once you've poured out A, the developing agent is held in the emulsion and is only being accelerated in B. The agitation is unlikely to affect either the density or the compensation. When the developer exhausts, it stops working in those areas, which obviosuly happens earlier in the highlights than in the shadows. However, it may interfere with the formation of edge effects which rely on a lack of agitation (although isn't the jury still out on whether edge effects happen within the emulsion or on the surface, in which case this might be moot, too?)

Guillaume Zuili
13-Jul-2000, 06:42
I'm going to try the Diafine (I was on my way to buy acufine when I checked the forum...)

THANKS TO YOU

Guillaume

Gene Crumpler
13-Jul-2000, 09:20
I've been using Diafine as my only developer for over a year. Although my experience is limited to 35 and 120 reel tank development, rotary development should work just great. I switched because development is ALWAYS uniform regardless of temperature or agitation. It is great with t-max, which is very sensitive to development conditions and it works great with tech pan at an E.I. for 80-100.

Tech pan is developed for only 45-60 seconds in the "B" solution. Other wise every thing else is the same.