PDA

View Full Version : The Invisible Camera

Ivan J. Eberle
21-Mar-2011, 04:18
Please pardon that the posting is as much about a film technology than a camera technology. A pinhole camera that takes us into the terapixel realm-- imagine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWU3-gA3ueo&feature=player_embedded

Uncanny if true. Now all those cutaway exhibit cameras and see-through jobs are now going to be priceless! For us LFF types-- leave your bellows at home!

(So, I'm wondering if this video was meant to be embargoed for another few days?):rolleyes:

bobwysiwyg
21-Mar-2011, 04:44
Hmm, how come no images shown? :rolleyes:

Vaughn
21-Mar-2011, 04:51
Way too funny...

Did you notice how they pointed the Luna pro meter?

ASA 0.002 !

Joanna Carter
21-Mar-2011, 05:12
If the camera material is strongly polarised, how come you can see through two sheets at different angles, without any moiré or darkening?

Sorry, this has to be an early April Fool's joke.

jnantz
21-Mar-2011, 05:38
and i thought it was a seebold ...

rknewcomb
21-Mar-2011, 05:50
Yeah right...it produces an invisible image too.

Brian C. Miller
21-Mar-2011, 07:16
"This film is not sensitive to available light." :D

I love film projects like this! No, not photographic film, film making. This is something to hoodwink the beginner crowd and have some fun with them. Yes! You can have an extremely low ISO and an extremely fast shutter speed for fabulous results! And your camera is so sturdy that it's bullet proof.

E. von Hoegh
21-Mar-2011, 07:24
"pure awsomeness!"

Jack Dahlgren
21-Mar-2011, 08:31
The biggest problem with it is that there are no movements. But I suppose that they could design the film to deal with that too.

However, I think this is too big of a threat to the established players in the industry and they will work behind the scenes to assure it is never released.

Ivan J. Eberle
21-Mar-2011, 09:02
Oh, but Jack-- it's ALL looks like one big colossal movement to me!

Vaughn
21-Mar-2011, 11:01
Oh, but Jack-- it's ALL looks like one big colossal movement to me!

Hey, I am trying to eat my cereal here! :p :rolleyes: :D :)

Kirk Gittings
21-Mar-2011, 11:13
I'm impressed that the guy could keep a straight face during this. I would love to see the bluppers. I'll bet they were rolling on the floor.

Martin Miksch
21-Mar-2011, 12:00
It points to 1st of April, a foolish day here in Europe.^^

Frank_E
22-Mar-2011, 05:05
since the image is "virtually visible"
you would use virtual movements......

Two23
22-Mar-2011, 07:55
A 1/100,000s shutter speed on a pinhole! Field testers wanted! :D

Kent in SD

Randy
22-Mar-2011, 09:08
It's that time of year again. I wonder how the harvest will be this season...anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ugSKW4-QQ

JoeV
22-Mar-2011, 11:43
That was fun, good afternoon chuckle.

~Joe

David Low
22-Mar-2011, 15:24
Great video - well worth watching. And they are looking for 100 volunteers to field test the new camera!!! It makes me feel just a little bit proud to be around when an innovative new technology like this is being launched.

Vaughn
22-Mar-2011, 15:58
Cut and pasted from my post on APUG on the same topic -- don't want the LFG'ers to miss out!

I wonder if they would like to market my new contrast control filters I have developed for black and white photography. They are simply based on the property of existing filters -- a filter lightens its own color and darkens its opposite color. For example a yellow filter lightens yellow and darkens blue.

It is a two filter set. One filter is made with a specially formulated white coating applied onto glass. It lightens the whites of a scene and darkens its opposite -- the blacks. This effectively increases the contrast of the scene. No more boring flat negatives on those gray overcast days! No extra-long boring development times in the darkroom!

The second filter was more difficult to create -- it took a lot of chemistry and some physics. But a breakthrough in electromagnetical fusionality has allowed me to create a black filter that effectively lightens the blacks in the scene while darkening its opposite -- the whites. Finally a way to reduce contrast in those slot canyons and other high contrast situations without having to do complicated compensating development!

Discoman
22-Mar-2011, 22:01
Great video - well worth watching. And they are looking for 100 volunteers to field test the new camera!!! It makes me feel just a little bit proud to be around when an innovative new technology like this is being launched.

oh, we should get a bunch of 'volunteers' from here who know it's a fake, yet will put up great videos enthusiastically talking and giving rave reviews and see how many people fall for it.

David Low
23-Mar-2011, 03:26
oh, we should get a bunch of 'volunteers' from here who know it's a fake, yet will put up great videos enthusiastically talking and giving rave reviews and see how many people fall for it.

OMG!! It's not a fake is it? I just can't believe that I fell for it, I feel so stupid!

Alan Cohen
25-Mar-2011, 05:03
Even knowing it's fake, I somehow still can't resist signing up for the field test just to see what happens. They must have gone through all this effort for a reason. Just picking on newbies doesn't seem like to much fun to me. I hope there something better coming. I love a good hoax.

E. von Hoegh
25-Mar-2011, 08:04
Even knowing it's fake, I somehow still can't resist signing up for the field test just to see what happens. They must have gone through all this effort for a reason. Just picking on newbies doesn't seem like to much fun to me. I hope there something better coming. I love a good hoax.

Ditto.:)

grahamcase
25-Mar-2011, 09:25
Totally ditto, and definitely signed up for the field test. They're paying to ship it to you, and paying for you to ship it back to them, so that's a lot of money to spend. If someone is willing to go to that level to play a hoax on us all, then I'm willing to participate.

tim o'brien
25-Mar-2011, 09:53
I am also an enthusiastic rube. I want to see how this all plays out too.

tim in san jose

Sean Galbraith
1-Apr-2011, 12:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLGZ8OwUIw

Chris is a friend of mine. I knew he couldn't fool too many people around here. :-)

Jehu
1-Apr-2011, 15:14
Today's definitely the day for that.

Sirius Glass
1-Apr-2011, 15:56
I saw right through it when it was first posted.

Steve