PDA

View Full Version : Hello LF from Michigan

Panoman617
17-Mar-2011, 07:04
Hello I'm Panoman617. I've work for the Gov for the last 22 year's as a photographer doing mostly PR and road construction photos for MDOT. I ben shooting pano's with a Fuji g 6x17 for the last 15 years for fun. I'm looking at getting a Canham 4x10 camera so I'm going to start here to find some info. Thanks All! :)

Vick Vickery
17-Mar-2011, 08:12
Welcome to group therapy! :) Ask lots of questions when in doubt...there is a wealth of information on this site.

William McEwen
17-Mar-2011, 08:17
Hey, there, and welcome from this transplanted (former) Michigan boy.

I love northern Michigan and the U.P. Lovely place for photographs.

Do Michiganders still make the "dating Miss Michigan" joke?

aduncanson
17-Mar-2011, 09:35
Welcome, You might look into the Midwest Large Format Asylum (http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/). They have monthly group outings, usually within an easy drive from Chicago, frequently in Michigan.

- Alan

vinny
17-Mar-2011, 10:07
Formerly from Cross Village. Soon to be from Grand Rapids. Welcome. 4x10 is a great format. They come up in the FS section used every once in a while.

Panoman617
17-Mar-2011, 10:21
Yes William they still make that joke. Alan I'm a member of Midwest Format Asylum. Vinny I go deer hunting up by Cross Village off from Becon Hill Rd. Love the tunnel of trees on M-119.

William McEwen
17-Mar-2011, 10:23
Welcome, You might look into the Midwest Large Format Asylum (http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/). They have monthly group outings, usually within an easy drive from Chicago, frequently in Michigan.

- Alan

Hey, Alan -- it looks like you've got a great group there, and I love your logo. Too bad I live in Texas. Maybe it's time for me to move back to the Winter Wonderland.

Panoman617
17-Mar-2011, 10:28
Vinny nice photo from under the Mac I email you one from the top.

aduncanson
17-Mar-2011, 10:44
Hey, Alan -- it looks like you've got a great group there, and I love your logo. Too bad I live in Texas. Maybe it's time for me to move back to the Winter Wonderland.

I get no credit. In fact, hypocrite that I am, I have never attended one of their outings, but I do think they do great stuff.

"But my dreams, they aren't as empty. As my conscience seems to be." - Pete Townshend
(I always wondered what that might mean.)