PDA

View Full Version : Wife and I are going to Tavistock Ontario Canda in August..

GabrielSeri
16-Mar-2011, 12:11
My wife and I are going to Tavistock, which is in Ontario Canada in August, anything interesting to photograph in that area? I was thinking old farms.. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gabriel

bob carnie
16-Mar-2011, 12:37
I grew up in Woodstock Ontario, very close to Tavistock, lots of dairy farms in that area.

My wife and I are going to Tavistock, which is in Ontario Canada in August, anything interesting to photograph in that area? I was thinking old farms.. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gabriel

GabrielSeri
16-Mar-2011, 12:49
We're going for her sister's wedding, she's a bridesmaid. My wife told me there are lots of farms in that area. Still not sure if I will take the 4x5 or the Pentax 67.

bob carnie
16-Mar-2011, 14:02
Depends upon how long you are in Ontario. If you have time I can give you a ton of good locations for visiting with the 4x5 .
There are a lot of photographers from Ontario here on this forum that will chime in if you want ,
Tavistock area is pretty much rolling hill farming community, but within 50 miles you can hit two of the great lakes, two hours north of Tavistock is the Cape Croker , Bruce Pennisula Trail area that is absolutely killer area, I know of a guy in Owen Sound who would take you out to some really beautiful areas.
If you like cows well you do not have to move Tavistock is famous for dairy cows.
If you come in late summer / fall the corn on the cob is to die for.

We're going for her sister's wedding, she's a bridesmaid. My wife told me there are lots of farms in that area. Still not sure if I will take the 4x5 or the Pentax 67.

GabrielSeri
16-Mar-2011, 15:54
Awesome, thanks Bob. We are going August 17-25th, but I think I will bring my 67 this trip since I need to bring my DSLR to photograph the wedding. I would love to get the info I have a few months to go. The wife and I would really appreciate it. Mind you we might just have a day or 2 on our own to photograph, she likes to do it as well.

Thanks again,

Gabriel

Filmnut
16-Mar-2011, 17:48
There are a number are mennonite communities in that area, and will sometimes allow photographers some access.

cowanw
16-Mar-2011, 18:37
The only covered bridge in Ontario
http://www.woolwich.ca/en/tourism/thingstodo_kissing_bridge.asp
Stratford Ont for Shakespeare
Tavistock is a nice example of a farming town with a still classic downtown

bob carnie
17-Mar-2011, 07:16
Gabriel

That time of year is wonderful in Ontario, you will have to insist on going to a local corn roast.
If you are interested I will set up with the photographer in Owen Sound Ontario to either take you to some awesome spots on the Bruce Trail or give you a good map for you and your wife to follow, If you email me bob@elevatordigital.ca I will put you in touch with him to show you some of his work and locations , he uses a 6x7 as well, you will need good hiking boots and a tripod for this terrain.
I will be 6 hours north of you in the Madawaska River Region during your visit to Ontario. If you have tents a visit to our area is good as well, but Owen Sound sounds much more practical for you from Tavistock Ontario. you are here for 7 days and a wedding in between is a lot of stuff happening in that time frame.

Bob

Awesome, thanks Bob. We are going August 17-25th, but I think I will bring my 67 this trip since I need to bring my DSLR to photograph the wedding. I would love to get the info I have a few months to go. The wife and I would really appreciate it. Mind you we might just have a day or 2 on our own to photograph, she likes to do it as well.

Thanks again,

Gabriel