PDA

View Full Version : Interest in special order: Fuji Chrome 6 E-6 5Liter Developing kit?

vinny
15-Mar-2011, 12:26
I've got Badger Graphic interested in doing a special order for these kits. They say they'll likely need requests for a "few hundred". Badger has done other special orders from fuji in the past so this may be possible with enough interest. Reply to this thread with the number you'd be interested in purchasing. The cost of each E-6 kit isn't known at this time. Do not send me PM's.

Let's keep this thread on track too since I'd like to send a link to Badger if/when we get the numbers between here and various other photo forums. If you post a reply here, do not post it on the other threads I've started elsewhere.

vinny

JC Kuba
15-Mar-2011, 16:42
I'd be interested as long as they don't glow in the dark.

Does anyone know what the shelf life of unopened kits are?

Filmnut
15-Mar-2011, 16:45
I would consider this ordering some, but I believe that shipping to Canada would be problematic.
Also, an idea of the cost of these might help folks decide.
Keith

Daniel Stone
15-Mar-2011, 21:49
Vinny,

what about Freestyle(since they're here in LA, as are you and I). We could "tag-team" one of their buyers into ordering a few kits to test out(which you and I could buy to get them started :))

I can't understand why it'll need to be "a few HUNDRED". I could definitely understand a few DOZEN, but a few HUNDRED? That's a bit of a stretch....

just wonderin...

-Dan

rco3
16-Mar-2011, 05:03
I'd be pretty interested. Cost is (always) an issue, but I'd really like to acquire at least a couple of kits.

Juergen Sattler
16-Mar-2011, 06:28
Yes, I would be interested, IF the price is not outrageous.

falth j
16-Mar-2011, 07:15
I too, would be interested...

However, my interest could be more easily quantified and translated into useable information, if unit price and shelf life were known...

vinny
26-Mar-2011, 17:15
The timing of this isn't likely too good since the earthquake/tsunami over there but it's worth a shot to get things in motion.

Kburg928
28-Mar-2011, 08:37
This is something that I'm interested in, the number of kits would come down to cost and how many rolls or sheets could be done per kit.

DesireejPhoto
28-Mar-2011, 18:36
I recently inherited my late grandfather's camera, and came across six rolls of unused Ektachrome 200 that came along with it, so I would definitely be interested in purchasing at least one kit. Like everyone else has commented, though, it all depends on pricing. Thank you for your efforts! :)

Skip Abadie
17-Apr-2011, 18:25
4 kits

Daniel Stone
24-Aug-2011, 09:07
reviving this thread to see if there's still any interest on potentially getting a bulk order through Freestyle going(if possible)? Anyone interested?

-Dan

atlcruiser
24-Aug-2011, 13:26
I am in for sure

Daniel Stone
24-Aug-2011, 13:31
I just got off the phone with Diversified Imaging Products, here in Gardena CA. They said they'd look into the possibility of ordering(if possible) some of these kits(as I told them there would be more interest from others than myself as well). So we'll see. I'm hoping for a call back in the next few days or so, I'll keep the thread updated if anything new comes up.

However, if you want to call yourself to let them know there's more than one person interested, it might help things along IMO. Here's their phone #: 1(800) 544-1609.
I spoke with Edna about this issue(in particular, the 5L "Chrome6" kit).

-Dan

Peter De Smidt
24-Aug-2011, 14:40
I'm interested, as long as the price isn't too high. This should probably be posted over at Apug too.

Rick A
25-Aug-2011, 05:07
I definitly would take a couple of kits if the price allows for it.

Peter De Smidt
25-Aug-2011, 06:30
As someone mentioned in another thread, we might have to deal with Hazmat fees, would would be unfortunate.

Quite awhile ago, there was a discussion on Apug about E-6 kits. Photo Engineer, Ron....?, used to work at Kodak. He said that the current Kodak and Fuji E-6 kits will create longer lasting slides than any of the third party ones. I don't know if that is true, but he seems to know his stuff.

vinny
25-Aug-2011, 07:55
As someone mentioned in another thread, we might have to deal with Hazmat fees, would would be unfortunate.

Quite awhile ago, there was a discussion on Apug about E-6 kits. Photo Engineer, Ron....?, used to work at Kodak. He said that the current Kodak and Fuji E-6 kits will create longer lasting slides than any of the third party ones. I don't know if that is true, but he seems to know his stuff.
Yes, he says the 6 step kits are better long term. I'm not concerned with the three step options.

Daniel Stone
25-Aug-2011, 11:16
Okey dokey,

I just got off the phone with someone over at Diversified, and he said that there's pretty much ZERO chance of getting the 5L kits from Fuji brought(or manufactured) here in the USA. The smallest quantity that they sell is a 10L size, and those have to be ordered in CASE QUANITIES(like 4-6(to make 10L each bottle) per case). So not an inexpensive proposition, and you'll have to have a lot of film to process in order for 10L to not go to waste. He said that the 1st and color developers are the things to use quickly, as they oxidize, and you can get color shifts if left open(or partially exposed to air, for over 3 days. I've always used my chems faster than that, so I have no experience to mirror his.

The option he gave me was this: call a supplier in the UK/EU, and see how many kits it would take to become feasible(or more affordable) to bring those 5L kits to the USA. This would be on a special-order, shipped on a pallet kinda deal, and in order to minimize hazmat, and international shipping fees(which aren't cheap, even if coming via ground-based(ship) methods(they supposedly can't be shipped via air due to being liquid concentrates), it would probably take upwards of 30-40 kits to make it worthwhile, thats if a price-break was given for such a large quantity order as well.

Finances-wise right now, for myself, it will be more feasible for me to use a good lab from now on(I'm currently split between Samy's in Santa Barbara and The Darkroom in Reseda), and to simply do b/w myself. Sad to say it, but in the long run, probably the best options, at least for me.

If anyone is interested in taking up the cause for getting 5L kits brought in from foreign sources, or if 2-3 kits are needed to complete an order, I'll get in on it. But for me right now, it won't work for me.

cheers

Dan

Peter De Smidt
25-Aug-2011, 11:23
Finances-wise right now, for myself, it will be more feasible for me to use a good lab from now on(I'm currently split between Samy's in Santa Barbara and The Darkroom in Reseda), and to simply do b/w myself. Sad to say it, but in the long run, probably the best options, at least for me.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for looking into this. I'm pretty much where you're at as well.