PDA

View Full Version : Is Condit Manufactoring still in business ??

Richard Warren
23-Sep-2000, 02:16
Some of you may know Condit as a fine company who is famous for pin registration , oil negative carriers and other darkroom tools. They also made a 8x10 enlarge r which I need parts for. > They were based in Sandy Hook Conneticut. Directory assistance told me that the y are in a new town, but the number was the same. I have tried all week to reac h them, but there is no answer to the phone. > Anyone know anything ? > Thanks in advance > richard

Jeff White
23-Sep-2000, 09:30
I received a postcard last summer from them saying that the end of August would be when they were closing their business.

Sal Santamaura
23-Sep-2000, 11:53
The reason Roy Condit chose to close at the end of August is that he selected teaching as his new career, and was going to start his student teaching beginning in September. I purchased what I needed from him during July, and didn't ask about his plans for any stock of unsold parts after the closure. Having been married to a teacher for 25 years, I know what September is like, and suggest you remain patient. Keep trying the phone or send a letter. Roy impressed me as a person of high integrity, and will probably contact you after September is over, when, as my wife puts it, "the wreckage clears."

Richard Warren
23-Sep-2000, 17:12
Since my last post I have received an email from Everett who told me they have closed. I bought a used Condit enlarger with no glass in the negative carrier. I have asked Everett if they could help me with the glass and a manual for the enlarger. If anyone owns a manual for this enlarger, or can tell me how the nagative carrier works then I would be glad to pay for your trouble. I am located near New York City. Thanks to all who responded. > richard

fred_1006
23-Sep-2000, 22:04
A friend of mine just spoke with Roy earlier this week and he is in the process of inventorying what he has and will probably offering that for sale--no idea what the time frame is like. My friend is looking for some anti-newton ring glass for a contact printing frame (8x10). Anyone out there have any ideas?

Fred

Bruckduck
14-Sep-2006, 13:58
I have some Condit Equipment I want to sell as well as other darkroom stuff.

Pete Watkins
14-Sep-2006, 15:04
A European company named Tetenal make an anti newton spray. Try Silverprint in London or just Google Tetenal.

Donald Miller
21-Sep-2006, 17:30
A friend of mine just spoke with Roy earlier this week and he is in the process of inventorying what he has and will probably offering that for sale--no idea what the time frame is like. My friend is looking for some anti-newton ring glass for a contact printing frame (8x10). Anyone out there have any ideas?

Fred

Focal Point used to handle it. I don't know if they are still around.

CXC
22-Sep-2006, 08:59
I always do a double take when I see references to this company or its products...