PDA

View Full Version : Contessa Nettel 13x18

Ash
13-Mar-2011, 10:17
Bought myself a Contessa Nettel 13x18.

This is my next project. The shutter looks like someone has gutted a few parts for a repair job, but I'm trying my best to leave all the bits that are left where they are for now.

How can I reset the infinity lock? I can't seem to work out how to readjust its placement. I have a shorter lens I'd like to use, but when I move the struts far enough back it disengages and wants to fold in!

Anyone else have one of these or know where some literature can be found?

Thanks...

Nathan Smith
14-Mar-2011, 05:51
What model is it - is this the Deckrullo that was on the 'bay recently?

Just saw this, looks like you'd need to email for a scan of the appropriate page: http://www.vintagephoto.tv/cncat.shtml

Ash
14-Mar-2011, 06:16
Yea I got a Deckrullo from Germany. It has a broken/gutted shutter and missing some pieces. No lens.

Ideal base for a project. Unfortunately I took out the brand new hole cutter and as I attached it to the drill a piece went flying off, so I don't have a lens-hole cutter at the moment.

Nathan Smith
14-Mar-2011, 07:15
Do you plan to shoot 13x18 film or convert it to another size?

I have an Ernemann 13x18 that I'm planning to make a 5x7 back for since 13x18 film is hard to find here in the US, and I don't have any 13x18 holders anyway. I want to make my new back to fit as the original does so I don't have to alter the camera .. except for a focusing scale.

Ash
14-Mar-2011, 08:14
Probably do the same as I did with the Goerz strut camera, remove the back and all the excess, and set a 5x7 spring back as deep as possible.

Needs to be deep to stay flush with the camera, and avoid light leaks from anything removed from the sides.

I was thinking about shooting 13x18 but realised there's no point - 5x7 is close enough. I already have a couple 5x7 holders and can get the film easy enough. It's cheaper to fix a new back in place than try find the original holders anyway.