PDA

View Full Version : Manual Photo-Therm Model 14?

Jay Decker
6-Mar-2011, 22:11
Does anyone have a manual for a Photo-Therm Model 14 Constant Temperature Bath?

Here's what it looks like...

Daniel Stone
6-Mar-2011, 23:32
you might want to try emailing this email(from the photo therm site)

serve@phototherm.com

-Dan

domaz
7-Mar-2011, 10:20
I have one. Not really sure why you need a manual? Put water in it so it's above the heater element a good amount. Plug it in turn the dial. Keep adjusting the dial until your thermometer reads the right temperature you want.

photobymike
7-Mar-2011, 10:27
i had one .. sold it... wish i had it now...

Jay Decker
7-Mar-2011, 19:57
... Not really sure why you need a manual? ...

The seller told me that the manual instructs users to run it with some mineral oil, which makes no sense to me.

Daniel Stone
7-Mar-2011, 22:16
it might help prevent corrosion due to hard water(which most people have) on the heating element. It might also help with keeping the water at temperature, since oil generally holds heat longer than water.

does this have a pump to circulate water as well? If it does, then the mineral oil might help to act as a lubricant of sorts for the internal parts of the pump that are in contact with the water/oil mix.

just some ideas

-Dan

domaz
8-Mar-2011, 10:33
You probably could run it with Mineral Oil but I don't think it's necessary. I would actually worry about the pump working too hard with mineral oil- plus mineral oil is not very cheap and you would need a couple gallons of it at least.

Jim Noel
8-Mar-2011, 11:17
I have run mine for more years than I can remember and don't use mineral oil.

resummerfield
8-Mar-2011, 19:06
I can't believe it! I actually found my original manual dated May '74. I don't have it scanned, but it only mentions controlling water, and states that they are "made for pumping water and are not recommended for use directly in photographic solutions." Absolutely no mention of using mineral oil.

I've run mine for years and years, and I've only used water.

photobymike
13-Mar-2011, 15:21
hey jay if you decide you dont want it... i would trade a fuji 210mm in a copal 1 shutter for it...excellent condition....