PDA

View Full Version : New image editing software

Ben Syverson
4-Mar-2011, 19:47
I'm working on some Mac image editing software... Lets you edit 400 megapixel 8x10 scans as easily as tiny web images.

If you're interested in testing, let me know.

Check out the video here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJHp7fSLj0)

Kirk Gittings
4-Mar-2011, 19:52
Looks interesting. Unfortunately I do all my non-location image editing on a PC.

Ben Syverson
4-Mar-2011, 20:00
The best PC in the world is a Mac running Windows. :)

Kirk Gittings
4-Mar-2011, 20:27
Too late.:rolleyes:

Marek Warunkiewicz
4-Mar-2011, 20:31
Very cool! I've been using Mac software since 1982 (I helped launch the Mac in Canada) and would be very interested in testing this software.

Marko
4-Mar-2011, 20:55

Yes, but... why?? :D

I would be interested too.

Scott Knowles
5-Mar-2011, 07:20
Ok, but what's the name of the application and company (Website would be nice too)?

Why ruin a good Mac with Microsoft software and why would you need or want anything MS anyway? ;) Written from a MS-free Mac.

dsim
5-Mar-2011, 08:12
Interesting method. Is a lower rez proxy image being used for editing ? Looks very useful.

William Whitaker
5-Mar-2011, 08:41
If you're interested in testing, let me know.

I'm not smart enough to test it, but I'd like to read updates and be notified when it's released.

Ben Syverson
5-Mar-2011, 09:06
Interesting method. Is a lower rez proxy image being used for editing ? Looks very useful.
Yeah, that's the basic idea—but like Photoshop, it's also tiling the image as it reads it in, so you can zoom in all the way to 100%. If you save the image as a native file, it keeps all those tiles, so the next time you open it, it's instant.

More info to follow soon...

paulr
5-Mar-2011, 09:24
There was an app called Live Picture (I think) that worked on proxy images. Back in the 90s when no one had the horsepower to work on even medium sized digital files. I never saw that program in action.

I like the slickness of the interface in the video ... how the curves pallette can be resized by dragging it. Would be cool if it showed a histogram in the background, or at least clipping points.

Does it work with layers?

Ben Syverson
5-Mar-2011, 10:45
There was an app called Live Picture (I think) that worked on proxy images. Back in the 90s when no one had the horsepower to work on even medium sized digital files. I never saw that program in action.

I like the slickness of the interface in the video ... how the curves pallette can be resized by dragging it. Would be cool if it showed a histogram in the background, or at least clipping points.

Does it work with layers?
Paul, I never used Live Picture either, but remember that it had an impressively large price tag when it first came out. :)

A histogram is on its way to the Curves interface—one of my many to-dos.

Layers probably won't happen, at least in 1.0. I'm trying to keep the scope of the product as focused as possible. As soon as you're layering multiple images, the complexity jumps exponentially...

corgan4321
4-Apr-2011, 23:47
I'd be interested in testing if you're looking for betas.