PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 5x8 on order just 1 question

Gary Tarbert
3-Mar-2011, 00:35
Hi Guys ,In a previous thread i suggested i was going to order one of these , which i have done , I will wire Hugo his money tomorrow , Just feel a little strange wiring money to someone i don't knows bank account , I am sure it will be fine , Just would like to hear from other Chamonix owners how there transactions went , any feedback welcome. Cheers Gary

Daniel Stone
3-Mar-2011, 00:48
they don't do paypal? I'd think that a company like Chamonix would at least use paypal, or some sort of credit card processing online software.

-Dan

Oren Grad
3-Mar-2011, 01:01
I bought a reducing back through Hugo last August. The transaction went smoothly - the back arrived sooner than I expected, well-packed and in good condition, and communication from Hugo was excellent throughout.

ghostdancer
3-Mar-2011, 04:48
I bought my camera from Hugo and used Pay Pal. No problems.

Steve M Hostetter
3-Mar-2011, 05:09
Hugo sent me a camera and told me to pay him when I get the money.. I got the camera and paid him that week..
pretty god gone honest I'd say! on both our parts

Gary Tarbert
3-Mar-2011, 05:12
they don't do paypal? I'd think that a company like Chamonix would at least use paypal, or some sort of credit card processing online software.

-Dan I think they use paypal , but not credit card this a fairly big order so 4% on top is about an extra $140 , I have never wired money o/s before so not sure of any fees . Cheers Gary

David de Gruyl
3-Mar-2011, 06:05
Fantastically smoothly. Seriously: if he says he has it, he is ready to ship. Pretty sure my money crossed paths with my camera.

Gary Tarbert
3-Mar-2011, 06:58
Fantastically smoothly. Seriously: if he says he has it, he is ready to ship. Pretty sure my money crossed paths with my camera.
Thanks David, I was just being a cautious Nellie, At no stage of my dealings with Hugo have i had any reason to doubt his integrity, Just wanted to check with people who had dealings with the company for general feedback . Cheers Gary

Richard K.
3-Mar-2011, 07:23
I would be remiss if I didn't add to the praise and commendations of Hugo! He is a 100% stand-up guy, who understands photographers' needs and goes to great lengths to accommodate. An exemplary, first-class individual! You have nothing to worry about! :)

SW Rick
3-Mar-2011, 07:55
Have dealt with Hugo, and everything went very smoothly. He stands behind what he sells, and has taken excellent post-sale care of me.

dsim
3-Mar-2011, 08:58
^^ x2.

tautatis
3-Mar-2011, 14:23
I bought my 45n-2 a year ago. A couple of weeks ago the camera had some problems. I asked Hugo what to do, he told me to dismantle it and send it to an address in China. I received the camera part a few weeks later with no problems. bTW, I bought my camera by sending Hugo a cheque to him - no problems. He also responds to e-mails promptly! Dp no worry about him, great guy to do business with!

Don Ciccone
3-Mar-2011, 16:35
I heard from a number of friends that it was a pleasure to do business with Hugo and this was confirmed by own recent experience (bought an 8x10). The communication was excellent and delivery was prompt.

Don

Gary Tarbert
4-Mar-2011, 04:49
Money wired thanks all for your comments can't wait to get my hands on the camera!!

eddie
4-Mar-2011, 05:01
i have bought 4 or 5 cameras from hugo. i have sent 4 or 5 of my friends to him to buy cameras.

he and the chamonix crew are the best. buy with confidence.

Gary Tarbert
10-Mar-2011, 06:07
Fantastically smoothly. Seriously: if he says he has it, he is ready to ship. Pretty sure my money crossed paths with my camera.Ditto , My Camera arrived today and when i checked my account yesterday the bank transfer hadn't debited from my account yet , banks are not quick in Aus. Any how i am now a member of the Hugo fan club , Love the camera as well from a build quality perspective , I think i will enjoy shooting with this camera it is so easy to work with , taking a little time to getting used to focusing knob under the rear standard.
Kept reaching for the front knob which isn't there . But looking at the design logic i think it is a good idea to have it there , Thank you to the earlier posters who talked me out of the Ebony, I took your advice and bought the reducing back for 5x4 , No more time gotta go to my changing tent and start cutting up some 8x10 sheets!!Cheers Gary:)

dsim
10-Mar-2011, 07:08
Enjoy that wonderful camera. :)