PDA

View Full Version : Portrait-Skopar??

Emil Schildt
1-Mar-2011, 13:56
now it ended so I have to ask: what's this?

I have never seen that before, and I can't find any information about it....

Item number: 250778158337

Jim Galli
1-Mar-2011, 14:35
now it ended so I have to ask: what's this?

I have never seen that before, and I can't find any information about it....

Item number: 250778158337

I've got money on it's a Tessar type. Skopar was the cheaper line at that time, more pedestrian and they were tessar. I would have bought it for the shutter though if I'd seen it, as I have a 30cm Heliar with no shutter (or barrel).

Emil Schildt
1-Mar-2011, 14:39
I've got money on it's a Tessar type. Skopar was the cheaper line at that time, more pedestrian and they were tessar. I would have bought it for the shutter though if I'd seen it, as I have a 30cm Heliar with no shutter (or barrel).

yes - I was thinking about that too...

but the name "portrait-skopar"?

CCHarrison
1-Mar-2011, 15:01
Here is a reference piece (http://www.oldtimercameras.com/butkus/stock/Model.asp?Model=21398&ModelPage=true)for sale that mentions the Porträt Skopar - dated 1950

Other than that, I got nothin....

Dan

Emil Schildt
1-Mar-2011, 15:02
Here is a reference piece (http://www.oldtimercameras.com/butkus/stock/Model.asp?Model=21398&ModelPage=true)for sale that mentions the Porträt Skopar - dated 1950

Other than that, I got nothin....

Dan

thanks - I actually did find that my self....

Tim Deming
2-Mar-2011, 14:02
One is shown as an "other lens" in Claus Prochnow's Voigtlander Report 3, a 21cm version IIRC. That one was in barrel. This one was the first I'd seen "in the flesh".

I imagine this is just a plain skopar with a fancy name, or one that was only mildly tweaked. There are also limited reports of "kart-heliar"s out there (I think an image of one is in Udo Afalter's Voigtlander book), which look to be very similar in construction to a plain Heliar.

I do have a "plain" 30cm skopar in barrel if whoever bought this one wants to compare.

cheers

Tim