PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Fragomeni
1-Mar-2011, 12:54
Just a quick question. I ordered about $300 in matte board from Light Impressions on Feb 22 and have not received shipment confirmation. I've emailed the company and called everyday for 3 days and not gotten a single answer. Their automatic call back system just loops to another ringer that is never answered. Has anyone had similar problems? Does anyone know anyone at the company that they might be able to connect me with? I need the boards for an upcoming show and I'm kind of freaked out by the lack of response on the part of the company. Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.

David Lindquist
1-Mar-2011, 13:08
Just a quick question. I ordered about $300 in matte board from Light Impressions on Feb 22 and have not received shipment confirmation. I've emailed the company and called everyday for 3 days and not gotten a single answer. Their automatic call back system just loops to another ringer that is never answered. Has anyone had similar problems? Does anyone know anyone at the company that they might be able to connect me with? I need the boards for an upcoming show and I'm kind of freaked out by the lack of response on the part of the company. Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.

I ordered negative envelopes about October 22. They charged my credit card October 25. When I neither received a shipment confirmation or the envelopes, I called about November 17 and was told they were out of stock for 6-7 weeks. Have yet to receive them. Been procrastinating about a follow-up call, probably anticipating an experience like yours. I don't expect to order anything from them again.
David

Tim Gray
1-Mar-2011, 13:10
This might be informative.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/83396-more-problems-light-impressions.html

Fragomeni
1-Mar-2011, 13:20
Can someone let me know what the charge shows up under on the credit card statement? Is it Light Impressions or some other name? A quick response will be hugely appreciated as I'd like to nip this in the bud before a charge shows up if its not already there. THANK YOU!

David Lindquist
1-Mar-2011, 14:12
Can someone let me know what the charge shows up under on the credit card statement? Is it Light Impressions or some other name? A quick response will be hugely appreciated as I'd like to nip this in the bud before a charge shows up if its not already there. THANK YOU!

On my Discover Card statement it showed up as "Light Impressions -NCD Santa Fe Spr CA"
David

David Lindquist
1-Mar-2011, 14:21
Googling "Better Business Bureau Santa Fe Springs California" turned this up:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/light-impressions-direct-santa-fe-springs

Not at all encouraging.
David

letchhausen
1-Mar-2011, 14:22
I get my matboard and supplies from Lodima. If they don't answer leave a message and they're pretty prompt about getting back to you. I've had a couple "my final is due next week" scenarios and they've always gotten stuff out to me quickly. Plus their board is the best.

http://www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com/lam/index.html

Fragomeni
1-Mar-2011, 14:31
Thanks David. I called my credit card company and the charge isnt there yet but all I can do is wait and see if they charge and when they do I start a dispute process. Kind of a pain in the ass.

Letchhausen, I called Lodima about 30 min ago and didnt receive an answer or a voice mail. I sent them an email after that. I've heard good things about them so I might give them a try. Archival Methods (http://www.archivalmethods.com/) was also recommended and apparently they were the supplier for Light Impressions for a while. I called Archival Methods and they actually had someone on the other end of the line which is amazing considering all of this. Archival Methods carries everything I need except for buffer mount sheets to dry mount the prints to the boards. Does Lodima carry this?

Ed Kelsey
1-Mar-2011, 14:38
i never use them anymore. try Framedestination.com for much better prices and service

Richard M. Coda
1-Mar-2011, 14:42
Francesco... give John Kitts a call (from Imageworks and 422 Gallery)... he can get you mat board, when you want it and at a competitive price. 602-670-1342

Rich

BTW, if you are going to the next IW meeting (at Dwight's house) we generally meet at NICK's (Pinnacle Peak and Pima) for happy hour (great Calamari and good drink prices) which ends at 6 PM (meetings starts at 7 and is only a few minutes away).

Merg Ross
1-Mar-2011, 15:02
For over twenty years I used Light Impressions as my sole supplier for finishing materials. First, when they were in New York, and later when they moved west. Their products and service were unrivaled, although a bit pricey.

However. starting a few years ago, large portions of each order were placed on back-order. Weeks turned into months, and I reluctantly ended our relationship.

You will find a number of reliable alternatives, some listed above. For several years I have been using Archival Methods, and have found them to be a reliable and professional supplier.

Fragomeni
1-Mar-2011, 15:07
Figured out why I couldn't reach Lodima. They have to update the homepage with their new number. For reference, the new Lodima number is 610-847-2007.

I called and spoke with Michael A. Smith which was a nice surprise and got my order in with no problem. I'm looking forward to receiving these boards.

Rich,
Lodima doesn't carry buffer mount paper for dry mounting the prints to the board so I'll speak with John Kitts to see if he can get that for me. I didn't see your message until after I ordered the boards from Lodima so the boards are taken care of for now.

When is the next IW meeting by the way? I'd like to come but I don't want to start imposing and just showing up since I would like to go through the membership process whenever I can. Shoot me a PM or email.

Eric Biggerstaff
1-Mar-2011, 15:13
I switched my business to Archival Methods (www.archivalmethods.com). So far the service has been very good and the prices seem in line with other suppliers. Also, the products are very good. I believe this company was started by the same person who started Light Impressions and then sold it.

Eric Biggerstaff
1-Mar-2011, 15:14
Oh, by the way, the Freestyle brand mount tissue is buffer mount and is very competitive in price. I just ordered some to try.

John Bowen
1-Mar-2011, 15:16
My Story......

Placed an order for apollo paper back on November 20th. Received e-mail from LI with an order acknowledgement. When my December CC bill arrived I noticed a charge from LI, but had not yet recieved either the product or a shipping acknowledgement. Called LI, spoke with someone who stated my item was on back order until "late January." I told them I was surprised they would charge my CC months before the product was expected to ship. I requested they cancel my order and refund my $$. The lady stated she would handle it.

When my January CC bill arrived and the credit was not on it, I immediately contacted the CC company and requested a disputed charge for the November LI charge. It was on a weekend and the nice lady at Visa said I should expect something in the mail regarding the dispute.

When my February CC bill arriced with out the credit, I again contacted my CC company and this time spoke directly with disputed charges. Before I got off the phone, I had my credit. Now, LI can always dispute the disputed amount, but since they have yet to ship any product, they will have a tough time holding up their end of the bargain.

I would NEVER order anything from LI again. The exact product I was interested was not available from Lodima so I obtained it form Hollinger. It arrived with 5 days of my placing the order. I have ordered substantial amounts of mat board from Lodima and would not hesitate to use them again for any of my framing needs.

Good Luck!

Vaughn
1-Mar-2011, 15:48
I used LI for years.

I have no problems with them because I no longer order anything from them.

Renato Tonelli
1-Mar-2011, 16:00
For over twenty years I used Light Impressions as my sole supplier for finishing materials. First, when they were in New York, and later when they moved west. Their products and service were unrivaled, although a bit pricey.

However. starting a few years ago, large portions of each order were placed on back-order. Weeks turned into months, and I reluctantly ended our relationship.

You will find a number of reliable alternatives, some listed above. For several years I have been using Archival Methods, and have found them to be a reliable and professional supplier.

My exact experience. I've had itmes on back order for more than six months (cancelled). Too bad - it used to be my one-stop shop for matting, archival storage and related goods. I now use other vendors mentioned in this thread; unfortunately none of them are a one-stop shop like LI used to be.

rachase
1-Mar-2011, 17:09
Yes, I ordered some 4x5 negative envelopes back in October and called them in December when I still hadn't received them (and my credit card was charged for the purchase amount in November). They told me they were back-ordered and would be in after the holidays. I still haven't received them. I will try to get my money back.

Keith Pitman
1-Mar-2011, 17:24
I, too, used Light Impressions for years and still occasionally buy something from them. When I do so, I never order over the Internet. I call and ask if the item(s) is in stock. If it is , I'll order; if not, I don't. Based on the experience of others, and my experience, which is similar, I think Light Impressions is self-destructing.

Frank Petronio
1-Mar-2011, 18:27
It was sold by the founder, Bill Edwards, several years ago. He attempted retirement but got bored, so he started a new business and runs it properly: http://www.lumierephoto.com/

I don't think he expected the new owners of Light Impressions to turn it into Slight Depressions, but it's hard to anticipate what will happen.

Ed Richards
1-Mar-2011, 19:13
Same story, twice in a row - ordered stuff, got charged, never got the stuff, finally got a refund. I now use Archival Methods - http://www.archivalmethods.com

David Lindquist
1-Mar-2011, 19:34
Maybe I'll just figure on eating the roughly $30.00 for the negative envelopes I'm probably not going to get. It's a lot less (especially when adjusted for inflation) than what I lost many years ago when East Street Gallery went bankrupt taking with it what I had paid for a 16 X 20 print washer that I never got..
David

Gary Nylander
1-Mar-2011, 23:49
I have a similar story like many others on this thread, I had used Light Impressions for years, great selection, good quality. Last year I ordered, film storage boxes and neg envelopes, my credit card was immediately charged, and was told that my order would be shipped soon, after about 6 weeks I phoned to check why it was taking so long and found out my items were back ordered, the most frustrating part was that I often got voice mail, I finally left a message saying that if my ordered didn't go out in 24 hours I would get my credit card company to reverse charges, they did end up shipping , but from the time I placed the order to the time I received it took something like 6 months, I will never order from them again.

Gary

J D Clark
2-Mar-2011, 00:53
Same story here. Really loved LI because they could supply nearly everything I needed once my prints were dry.

In late 2009 I ordered my usual 8 packages of negative envelopes, was charged for the sale, and waited. And waited. Then, in February 2010, I got an email that said they were on sale! I figured that I would be getting them soon, but when i called, the said they were backordered -- so they were listing for sale merchandise they hadn't had for four months. They did offer to give me the discounted price, but couldn't answer the question of when they'd be shipped (remember, this is an item that is supposed to be on sale...).

These days, if I really, really needed something from LI, I would call -- their web site is worthless without inventory -- and if they had it ready to ship the same day, I might give them money. I just don't understand why they think they're still in business.

John Clark
www.johndclark.com

Fragomeni
16-Mar-2011, 13:25
Light Impressions just charged me $278.60 which showed up on my credit card statement as Ncd Brands 562-447-1700 Ca. The amount isn't even the proper amount for the order I cancelled. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they're disputing the charge. I should be credited within 2 days for the amount of the charge. They also cancelled my credit card to prevent future charges so now I'm without a card until Friday. On top of it the company name on the statement comes up as a leather goods and luggage provider. Unbelievable how illegitimate this company is.

sanking
16-Mar-2011, 19:02
Problems here also with Light Impressions. I ordered an item more than two months ago and never got it. Tried many times to call but had the same issue someone mentioned earlier, the call is just routed through a loop and you never get to talk to anyone. I also sent emails, got no answer. I finally got through on the phone and was told the item was on back order.

Pretty sure this is the last order I will make with LI since I have now found another source for the item and it was delivered the day after I made the order.

Sandy

Gary Tarbert
18-Mar-2011, 05:56
This company reeks of liquidity issues , They are probably on stop supply with there suppliers and are juggling orders with the hope of trading out of their situation .
Just a hunch . Cheers gary

Brian Ellis
18-Mar-2011, 06:55
This company reeks of liquidity issues , They are probably on stop supply with there suppliers and are juggling orders with the hope of trading out of their situation .
Just a hunch . Cheers gary

My hunch too. Whoever runs the company is a graduate of the Ron Wisner School of Business, aka How To Run Your Company Using The Customers' Money For Working Capital.

Jim Noel
18-Mar-2011, 13:08
The question should be, "Is anyone NOT having problems with Light Impressions?"

Jim Cole
19-Mar-2011, 05:03
I gave up on them 2 years ago when these issues started showing up with my orders. It's a shame.

CP Goerz
25-Mar-2011, 10:30
YEah, same story here. Ordered stuff, didn't arrive, told it was back ordered for two more months. I now buy from Archival Methods as a few folk here have already mentioned. So sad, a great company gone bad.

Roger Thoms
25-Mar-2011, 11:35
The question should be, "Is anyone NOT having problems with Light Impressions?"

Since I've quit ordering from LI I've had no problems with them.

Roger

Richard K.
25-Mar-2011, 11:47
Yeah, I've had different tints for the same finish of board and wrongly labelled packages (the bright white was warmer than the warm white I recieved) etc. Too bad, I used to like their stuff from Rochester...

tierragirl
18-Apr-2011, 15:19
New Century is the new name, and they are horrible. They have several different subsidiaries and are one of the few companies who charge upon the order, not the delivery. Getting a refund usually means waiting for a check even if your e-mail receipt says "credit card credit".:mad:

Useless.

Others are better, such as Archive USA

William McEwen
18-Apr-2011, 15:51
I have placed two orders with LI in the last year. One was filled in a fairly timely fashion. The other -- get this -- is now 11 MONTHS and waiting!

I ordered shipping boxes and 8x10 film envelopes on May 21, 2010. I called a month later and they said they have no way of knowing when my order will be filled. "The trucks come weekly, and we have no way of knowing what's on 'em until they're unloaded," I was told on June 11, 2010.

I go from disgusted to amused, disgusted to amused, thinking I'll set a world record and have something to tell my grandkids about.

But enough is enough, and methinks it's time to get my money back.

Ed Richards
18-Apr-2011, 19:32
Correcting my March 1st post - I was promised a refund then, but have still not received the refund. Slow pay is always a bad sign.

jeroldharter
22-Apr-2011, 14:23
I received this email today. Note that the order was placed in December of 2009.

Order Date: 12/20/2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your order. The merchandise you requested is currently on
backorder, however we expect to ship your product to you within the next
4 to 6 weeks. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
As a thank you for being a loyal customer, please accept this
opportunity to save 15% on your next order by using source code NCD16.

Sincerely,
The NCD fulfillment team

Terence Falk
22-Apr-2011, 14:33
There is never a good story about Light Impressions. Even when you did get your merchandise, it is overpriced.
I teach at two colleges and we have terminated all business with them; we urge our students to not buy anything from them. They should go out of business and be done with it.

Renato Tonelli
14-Jun-2011, 06:54
Yesterday, to my amazement, I received a paper catalog from Light Impressions (Vol. 1, 2011). I hadn't gotten one in a few years. Pretty much the usual merchandise minus some notable absences (PrintFile).

Inside the front cover is a statement from the company's president states that the company "has experienced challenges within our business and supply chain..." etc.

That explains my back order from a couple of year ago...

Oren Grad
14-Jun-2011, 08:47
I'm still getting lots of promotional emails from them.

When my last order wasn't filled for months and I couldn't get through to customer support, I took it up with American Express. After conducting their own investigation, they canceled the charge and credited my account.

Now I'm done with LI.

Renato Tonelli
14-Jun-2011, 12:11
Addendum to the saga - I received a call from LI an hour ago: they are shipping my backordered items (ordered June, 2009). I had to ask what the items were as I couldn't recall.

Sal Santamaura
14-Jun-2011, 13:11
...I had to ask what the items were as I couldn't recall.What were they?

Lynn Jones
14-Jun-2011, 15:20
Yes, we're all having trouble with them, I'm advising my students to find alternate sources.

Lynn

Renato Tonelli
15-Jun-2011, 06:20
What were they?

They are clear protective bags for prints and interleaving tissues.

Deane Johnson
15-Jun-2011, 07:35
Having followed this thread after remembering Light Impressions from the "good old days", I was amused when I received a Light Impressions catalog in the mail yesterday. It went in straight to the garbage (actually the recycling bin).

Harold_4074
15-Jun-2011, 11:40
Addendum to the saga - I received a call from LI an hour ago

Gee, what a coincidence. I wonder if they are reading this thread and realized how it would look printed out and lying on the desk of a district attorney?

Fragomeni
20-Jun-2011, 09:18
Addendum to the saga - I received a call from LI an hour ago

Gee, what a coincidence. I wonder if they are reading this thread and realized how it would look printed out and lying on the desk of a district attorney?
Light Impressions doesn't care about legal action. They are pulling a Wisner and trying to stay afloat on stolen money. This is a LINK (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/83396-more-problems-light-impressions-14.html) to the thread on APUG (14 pages in length) in which it has been thoroughly discussed that these incidences need to be reported to the California Attorney General, LA BBB, and the FTC. Reports have already been made and more are being made. At this point, Light Impressions has simply ignored the inquires made by the California AG.

Brian Ellis
20-Jun-2011, 11:17
After skimming some of the messages here I think a better question would be "Is Anyone NOT Having Problems With Light Impressions?"

jeroldharter
22-Jun-2011, 16:52
I just got a UPS email notice that a package from NCD Acquisitions had been sent. I looked that up online and it looks like that is the same as Light Impressions.

I placed the order ~2 years ago. Can't remember what I ordered (and paid for up front) so maybe all the complaining is giving them a goose. I'm eager to see what I get!

Herb Cunningham
24-Jun-2011, 07:25
I don't think the complaints are working. I ordered some print boxes June 9, and when they did not show up, I called. Seems they don't have any and did not know when they could get some. No emails or notices given, I guess they were hoping I would not need them. Cancelled the order, ordered boxes from Dick Blick, they shipped them the next day.
I expect Light Impressions have some serious personnel/management issues.

Fragomeni
24-Jun-2011, 08:49
That's because most people are posting their complaints here and on APUG which serves absolutely no purpose at this point. People would not continue to have these problems if everyone who's experienced this simply went ahead and reported these issues to the proper authorities as described in a post above. If enough reports are made to the California Attorney General's office they are required by law to take action against the company. At this point these recurring fraudulent actions on the part of Light Impressions says more about people's laziness and unwillingness to make a proper report then about Light Impressions.

mandoman7
24-Jun-2011, 10:41
FWIW, I was able to call and cancel an order from them just now that has been back-ordered for several months. The call went through quickly and the guy on the other end was polite.

Sal Santamaura
17-Nov-2011, 10:57
I received this email within the last half hour:

Dear Light Impressions Customer,

These uncertain economic times have had an impact on many small businesses and that includes Light Impressions. However, we are committed to the business and needed to make some changes in order to deliver the promise to our loyal customers. Before we outline the latest update and changes to the Light Impressions business, we would like to thank you for your support and understanding as we transform the company into a very efficient and new business. We will continue to deliver the high quality product you have come to expect.

- New Contact Information:

• Phone 800-975-6429
• Fax 800-975-6429
- Email support : info@lightimpressionsdirect.com
- Mail/Correspondence - P.O. Box 2100, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- Delivery Location for Returns - P.O. Box 2100, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

We have a new communication system that will allow all customers, at a minimum, to leave their contact information, order number, and outline the general question. Our goal will be to respond via email within 24 hours and/or a call back within 48 to 72 hours. We will improve upon these timelines but wanted to set expectations early on with the expected volume of communication based on the backlog due to the transition.

Some of the major areas of interest:

Product delivery/inventory status – starting November 23rd every sku will have an estimated delivery date. Once these dates change, we will have a delivery system to notify the customers.

Product Questions – our staff will be going through extensive training (re-training) to ensure the highest level of product knowledge and customer support.

Refunds/Credits – Within 72 hours of contact customer service will have issued credits for future use or provide an estimated date of credit/refund check. These checks are expected to be sent within 30 days of notice if not sooner. A confirmation email will be sent upon disbursement/issuance.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as the company continues to transform to compete in the global marketplace. Please take special note that all incoming calls and correspondence has been registered in our system and we will be responding over the next two weeks. So please, if you have left a message or sent in correspondence, please provide us with a very short period of time to get caught up on our backlog of communications.

Regards,
The Light Impressions Team

I guess it's time to dig out the order number for those items I ordered in June, 2010 that are still on backorder and request a refund. :)

nolindan
17-Nov-2011, 13:00
That letter sounds like it was written in Nigeria: grammar to make a 7th grader blush; anonymous salutation; and signed by a nameless 'Team'. What next: "In order that We Can Process your Refund for any Past Order that we did not ship in the Past please Log On To Our Web Site www.cafelagos.com.ng/maafa/mabaya/kabisa and enter all your Personal Information, SS#, date of birth, bank account and PIN and all your credit card numbers so We can match them up with our Data Base that was Corrupted Recently."

A P.O. Box, an answering machine and a phone line shared with the fax doesn't sound very up-and-up; and it doesn't sound like they are going to answer the phone themselves - or maybe their slogan is 'we answer with a whistle'.

As Sal says, it will be interesting to see if they start clearing their old commitments before making new ones. My take - why bother with LI.

William McEwen
17-Apr-2012, 14:25
I placed an order in May 2010 and still have not received my stuff.

So today I called and a woman named Maria came on the line quickly.

I told her I needed a refund.

She said no problem, pulled my order up, and said we'll send you a check, and it will be mailed within three weeks.

She didn't try to talk me out of it, and she did say Light Impressions has new management and was working to fix problems.

I think too much bad stuff has happened for LI to recover from its bad image.

I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.

William McEwen
17-Apr-2012, 14:26
MODERATORS: This thread should probably be moved to a different category.

Sal Santamaura
19-Apr-2012, 09:15
I received this email within the last half hour...I guess it's time to dig out the order number for those items I ordered in June, 2010 that are still on backorder and request a refund. :)I finally got around to sending that email message on January 18, 2012. No response or refund resulted so far.

...So today I called and a woman named Maria came on the line quickly...I told her I needed a refund...She said no problem, pulled my order up, and said we'll send you a check, and it will be mailed within three weeks...I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.Following your lead, I just phoned them too. Their representative promised that a refund check for all remaining back-ordered items would be mailed out during the third week of May. He also requested, but didn't require, that I fax the 2010 credit card statement on which my order appeared. I declined.

We shall see.

SamReeves
19-Apr-2012, 14:40
I wonder if the AG put the screws to them? Anybody know?

Sal Santamaura
13-Jul-2012, 13:32
...Their representative promised that a refund check for all remaining back-ordered items would be mailed out during the third week of May...We shall see.Discussion of Light Impressions in another thread just reminded me about this. The third week of May came and went -- nearly two months ago. No refund check has shown up. Why am I not surprised.

Sal Santamaura
13-Jul-2012, 13:34
...I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.Did you forget to tell us about it or did Light Impressions forget to send the refund? :)

BrianShaw
13-Jul-2012, 13:35
Sal... aren't they not too far away from you? Have you thought about going there in person and "getting in their face"?

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlk9yp/ncd-acquisition-inc

Sal Santamaura
13-Jul-2012, 14:04
Sal... aren't they not too far away from you? Have you thought about going there in person and "getting in their face"?...Santa Fe Springs is more than 50 miles from here and the dollar amount doesn't amount to much so, no, I haven't considered that approach. In fact, I long ago wrote off the small loss as a lesson-learned expense, similar to what happened with J&C.

Nonetheless, as a lark, I just called Light Impressions' toll free number again and raised some hell. "Maria" answered this time. I gave her the order number and history of a promised check during the third week of May. She put me on hold to speak with their "accounting" department. Several minutes later, she came back on the line and announced my refund is scheduled for August 29. I raised my voice, insisting that someone else would have to get lower priority so my check could be cut now! She's probably used to that reaction. Remaining calm, she reiterated that my refund would be issued on August 29. I told her to advise those in charge of the operation that, if they didn't send the money on August 29, I'd be contacting California's Attorney General.

Now I'm concerned that a check might actually show up in early September. I'll be afraid to deposit it for fear of being hit with a bounced check fee. :D

Jim Noel
13-Jul-2012, 15:17
The title of this thread should be,"EVERYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH LIGHT IMPRESSIONS"

Lynn Jones
17-Jul-2012, 15:10
They have become so unreliable that we no longer recommend the company to our students (and we have lots of them).

Lynn

cwsills3@aol.com
15-Aug-2012, 08:22
I recently had a tough time with LI. I had placed an order and upon not receiving it, placed it again. When that didn't come through. I called to find I had two back orders months old. I was told one part of my order would be sent end of July 2012. I asked them to cancel the rest of the orders but to ship the July ready part of the order Then I went online thinking their story unbelievable. I read postings and then called them back and cancelled the order remaining. I was assured that was cancelled as well. That night they charged my credit card for the remaining order, which to date has not arrived. Additionally they sent me an email asking if the credit card listed in the email with exp date was the account to be charged, a non secure violation of my private information. I had to immediately cancel my credit card. I have patiently waited since to see if the shipment wpuld arrive. Two weeks after they promised shipment and no product. I would recommend no one do any business with them at all. I found what I needed with Conservation Resources and they were prompt and courteous.
Beware,
Casey Sills

Brian Ellis
15-Aug-2012, 16:55
Santa Fe Springs is more than 50 miles from here and the dollar amount doesn't amount to much so, no, I haven't considered that approach. In fact, I long ago wrote off the small loss as a lesson-learned expense, similar to what happened with J&C.

Nonetheless, as a lark, I just called Light Impressions' toll free number again and raised some hell. "Maria" answered this time. I gave her the order number and history of a promised check during the third week of May. She put me on hold to speak with their "accounting" department. Several minutes later, she came back on the line and announced my refund is scheduled for August 29. . . :D

Whenever someone like Maria puts me on hold to talk with her boss or someone else to see if she can do what I want I always think of that scene in "Fargo" where William H. Macy tells a customer of his car dealership that he'll have to talk with his boss to see if he can give them the price they want. Then in the next scene we see him in another room talking about football with another employee, then returning to the customer to say his boss won't let him do it.

Sal Santamaura
8-Sep-2012, 18:12
...Maria... announced my refund is scheduled for August 29....Now I'm concerned that a check might actually show up in early September. I'll be afraid to deposit it for fear of being hit with a bounced check fee. :DWell, it wasn't August 29, but a check dated September 4 arrived in today's mail. It was a Citibank, N.A. "Official Check" for the full amount of my back order. There were merchant references on its face for both Light Impressions and "Vertigration Brands, Inc." of Newtown, Connecticut.

An attached form stated that "The customer listed above is remitting the following payment through Citibank's Bill Payment Service." I decided to take a chance and deposited the check this afternoon. :D

selmslie
5-Nov-2012, 19:01
I ordered an item from them in October, 2010 that turned out to be no longer made and they knew this within two months.

I did not receive a refund until September of this year after following up with them every month. I was told many times that my refund was scheduled for "next month" throughout the delay.

I am surprised that they are still in business. They will not get any more orders from me.

BrianShaw
5-Nov-2012, 19:48
Joe's Crab Shack is still in business too. They have a prominently featured sign annnouncing "Free Crabs Yesterday". don't eat at Joes Crab Shack... they lie too.