PDA

View Full Version : Color Magazine

Lon Overacker
28-Feb-2011, 18:07
Does anyone have any info about the magazine? I do know it's sister publication of B&W Magazine. The website of the Color mag (http://www.color-mag.com/index.html) doesn't have any contact or subscription info.

I was considering entering the 2011 Portfolio contest, but I'd like to find a little bit more. Does anyone have any opinions or association with this publication? I couldn't find much with the search here - or the info is buried in a post somewhere.

Thanks!

Lon

ps. I just realized too that the rag isn't necessarily relating to LF, but all formats. I guess like the B&W counterpart. Hope it's ok here.

Roger Cole
28-Feb-2011, 18:13
I picked up a copy of B&W and the current issue contains a blurb that, effective next month, the two will be published together. So apparently Color will continue, but as a section within B&W.

Jan Pedersen
28-Feb-2011, 18:20
The two magazines will from the next issue be merged into one magazine.
It was explained in the latest Color issue that the timing of it's first release was not the best since it was in the beggining of the financial meltdown and sale never reached the desired volume.
Instead of discontinuation there will be a section for B&W and a section for color images i believe in all issues.
Both B&W and Color portfolios as well as single image contest will continue.
There was a lot of digital imaging in the Color Magazine.

Lon Overacker
28-Feb-2011, 18:25
Thanks Roger and Jan. Glad to know this and the contest features will continue. Sure didn't want to submit and pay for something that was going away...

Tx,
Lon