PDA

View Full Version : BIG Camera

Drew Bedo
24-Feb-2011, 21:48
Now, this is a BIG camera!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-LARGE-FORMAT-20x24-Golden-Busch-VERY-RARE-/170581464239?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item27b77294af

Joanna Carter
25-Feb-2011, 03:06
Hmmm, obviously us Brits aren't allowed to see it. Homeland Security? :eek:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Ulrich Drolshagen
25-Feb-2011, 03:24
Hmmm, obviously us Brits aren't allowed to see it. Homeland Security? :eek:
You know, the British are infamous for abusing ULF-Cameras for dark and dangerous purposes. Germans seem to be considered harmless. No problem here. :D

May be some temporary glitch, I'd try again. It's a really nice camera though a little bit expensive

Ulrich

Steve Gledhill
25-Feb-2011, 03:30
No problem viewing from my bit of the UK Joanna.

Ash
25-Feb-2011, 03:31
Just you Joanna. Fine for me.

Marizu
25-Feb-2011, 03:36
Just do a search on Golden Busch in the US fleabay then we can see it in the UK.
I'm assuming that we are talking about that awe inspiring 20x24.
It looks absolutely beautiful.
I would love to see the world through that ground glass.
Are you thinking of going ULF, Joanna?

Joanna Carter
25-Feb-2011, 03:43
Aahh!!! It turns out, it's the French that aren't allowed :confused:

I run my Mac computers in French and, if I swap to English, I can see the site. Il y a quelqu'un qui peut essayer de France ?

I wonder what the problem is with the French wanting to buy a 20 x 24 camera?

Joanna Carter
25-Feb-2011, 03:47
Are you thinking of going ULF, Joanna?
Heheh. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to get out with the 4x5; it's been a long cold winter :o

kev curry
25-Feb-2011, 04:18
What I want to know is who would drop that sort of cash on a camera kit from a seller that hasn't got a clue what hes selling but states in his listing....

''Camera, tripod, two 20x24 film holders and the lens are all sold AS-IS. No Returns. Ask questions before bidding. Every effort will be made to describe the outfit accurately, but allow for the fact the owner has little knowledge of the camera''.

NO RETURNS....yeah right!

David de Gruyl
25-Feb-2011, 04:23
But it is only (about) the price of a leica M9 and a lens or two...

GPS
25-Feb-2011, 06:37
Aahh!!! It turns out, it's the French that aren't allowed :confused:

I run my Mac computers in French and, if I swap to English, I can see the site. Il y a quelqu'un qui peut essayer de France ?

I wonder what the problem is with the French wanting to buy a 20 x 24 camera?

A friend in Switzerland to whom I emailed the page was not able to open it either, for the same reasons.

Dan Fromm
25-Feb-2011, 08:13
Hmm. Might cost less than a comparable 20x24 Lotus.

E. von Hoegh
25-Feb-2011, 08:26
I saw that same camera listed a few months ago - don't remember if it's the same seller, but the camera pics are the same.

Sevo
25-Feb-2011, 08:30
What I want to know is who would drop that sort of cash on a camera kit from a seller that hasn't got a clue what hes selling but states in his listing....

IIRC leicanikonclassics is Stephen Gandy of Cameraquest - if he says he does not know "a lot" about De Golden Busch, that will be relative to his Nikon RF and Leica expertise...

Douglas Henderson
25-Feb-2011, 09:56
Apart from the terrific cost (but less than top end medium format digital), the camera weighs over 100 pounds. Scratch backpacking this very far in Yellowstone--where you'd become the tourist attraction.

jon.oman
25-Feb-2011, 11:22
Wow!

Kerik Kouklis
25-Feb-2011, 11:33
I've never used a Busch, but know people who have. They are way over-built and much heavier than they need to be. Also, I've heard not good reviews about the holders. Doesn't Ritter make a 20x24 at a fraction of the weight?

Ash
25-Feb-2011, 11:52
Tell them to try and copy just the item number into the local auction website. It should work then?

doublezero
25-Feb-2011, 13:49
Hello from france ,

not able to see this image like joanna said

Joanna Carter
25-Feb-2011, 15:58
Tell them to try and copy just the item number into the local auction website. It should work then?
Nope. Not if the browser language is French.

joselsgil
25-Feb-2011, 23:35
It does have a "Make Offer" option.

Having seen Jim Fitzgerald's and Tri Tran's ULF cameras recently. This ULF would fit right in with their gear.

letchhausen
26-Feb-2011, 00:49
Seems like the Chamonix 20x24 at half the cost and one quarter the weight would be a far better deal!

Drew Bedo
26-Feb-2011, 06:24
Well, it was designed and made in the early 1980s. There has been some thirty years or so of develpoment in concept and exicution.

Two23
26-Feb-2011, 07:39
Film is available for 20x24?

Kent in SD

al olson
26-Feb-2011, 07:39
Seems like the Chamonix 20x24 at half the cost and one quarter the weight would be a far better deal!

It is a beautiful camera, but versus the Chamonix it is not a camera that would get much use outside of a studio. And the question of future LF film availability brings the value down more. I am sure it is outside the range of my wallet even negotiating an offer.

But it would look very nice in a museum or standing in the Great Room of some collector's mansion.

Jim Jones
26-Feb-2011, 08:17
Gee, $11,000 plus shipping and it doesn't even come with a 4x5 reducing back!