PDA

View Full Version : Help Attaching CPA2/CPP2 Lift to Jobo CPA2

b.cipolla
23-Feb-2011, 19:09
I recently purchased a Jobo CPA2 separately from a CPA2/CPP2 unit. I am having some trouble attaching the cog piece that I assume is the critical piece that connects the unit to the lift. The CPA2 unit came with a magnetic piece attached to the unit. After I unscrewed the magnetic piece from the unit, I am having trouble seeing how the cog piece attaches where the magnetic piece attached. I saw that the magnetic piece has a small metal piece that goes between the magnetic piece and the metal peg on the Jobo. Am I missing a similar piece that goes between the cog and the Jobo? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Alan Butcher
23-Feb-2011, 20:07
The instructions for mounting the lift are here:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/us_analog/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_lift.htm

b.cipolla
23-Feb-2011, 20:33
Thanks Alan! That was a helpful link. However, I am still a little confused. The instructions on the link say that the tapered drive shaft corresponds to a hex headed screw, while the straight drive shaft corresponds to a slot headed screw. I am assuming the screw I have is a hex headed screw and that I have a tapered drive shaft. Either way though, I see no way to insert a screw into the cog since there are not scour marks inside of it. Am I missing some other piece that I need to attach the cog to the drive shaft? I am assuming I just have the wrong cog piece for this model of drive shaft as well. I attached pictures of the cog, the drive shaft, and the screw. Can anyone make sense of this? Thank you!

Brian C. Miller
23-Feb-2011, 23:15
The screw that you have is slotted. A hex headed screw takes a metric Allen wrench.

How did the drive magnet attach? That screw had to screw into something, and I don't see a hole in the end of that shaft.

I'm guessing that you have the wrong drive cog for your system. You didn't mention the part number of the new cog.

b.cipolla
24-Feb-2011, 09:22
On the back of the drive magnet, a small brass piece fits into the back of it that sits on the end of the peg while allowed the screw to attach through the drive magnet from the other end. I am attaching a photo of this piece. The only numbers printed on the cog is "07 272." I'm not sure if this helps. It did not match up to any model numbers I saw. Again, if anyone has an ideas I would really appreciate it. At this point I'm just assuming I need a different cog piece. Does anyone know where I would be able to come by one? Or should I just start searching the buy/sell forum for one?

Brian C. Miller
24-Feb-2011, 13:45
No photo on your post.

How about contacting Jobo directly? They still sell parts and such, so they should at least be able to tell you what you have and what you need.

b.cipolla
24-Feb-2011, 16:02
Here's the picture that I was talking about in the previous post.

Greg Blank
24-Feb-2011, 19:00
Jobo does not have any parts. The parent company in Germany liquidated all that stuff this past year. If he is in the US, he will end up being sent to me at Omega and 'll have to deal with it anyway soo.

No photo on your post.

How about contacting Jobo directly? They still sell parts and such, so they should at least be able to tell you what you have and what you need.

Brian C. Miller
24-Feb-2011, 19:06
OK, you have the same setup that I do. I took mine off so that I could see what's going on.

1. Put the black cog so that the catch mechanism is facing up. The numbers will be on the under side.
2. Drop in the splined brass piece so that it is cupped, splines up, thread down.
3. Put the washer on the screw (mine has a washer), and balance it on a screwdriver head. Now thread it up gently through the bottom, and get it to just barely catch on the brass piece.
4. Now it is ready to put on the Jobo. Slide it on, and tighten the screw.

Greg Blank
24-Feb-2011, 19:09
You have an old style or second generation motor. The new motors and therefore new lifts use a cone shaped gear 95555. The Magnet you removed Had the bushing. The gear you must use to go onto the motor shaft requires that same bushing but it won't go into the cone gear that came with the new lift. So you must buy a 95523 Gear, if you can find one. If not PM me and I can get you one.

Here's the picture that I was talking about in the previous post.

b.cipolla
24-Feb-2011, 22:34
Thanks for all the help everyone!

arichard
26-Aug-2015, 08:19
Hi all, I have the same problem as described here.
My lift came with cog 95555 and I need a 95523.
Someone has one available that could sell me for a fair price?
Does anyone knows if I could adapt a 95555/95299 cog into a 95523?
Kind Regards