PDA

View Full Version : Long over-due intro

Rick A
22-Feb-2011, 07:43
I suppose I should have done this a while back, but here goes. I've been into photography since the mid 60's and turned professional in 1972, at least thats what my employer considered me. I was a route photog for Olan Mills Inc. shooting portraits. After I left them, I freelanced for several years. Over the years I've been published in several trade journals for the construction industry. These days I'm retired and just shoot for the sheer pleasure of wasting time. I do from time to time tutor newcomers to film. I shoot most formats, and have two 4x5 kits. My thirteen year old daughter has laid claim to one of the kits, and is becomming quite a shooter.

Both my daughter and I work exclusivly out of a wet darkroom, as we prefer the look of silver prints.

cheers

Vick Vickery
22-Feb-2011, 08:15
Welcome to group therapy! :) Great that you're encouraging you daughter to work with Lf cameras, too...too many youngsters nowdays don't even know film exists!

Sascha Welter
22-Feb-2011, 09:06
rainphot, welcome aboard! Isn't it great to be enjoying photography without job pressure? When I was 13 I was more interested in my father's 'blad, his Sinar's didn't interest me that much back then, for whatever reason. Now I prefer my old Arca for what were his Sinars :-)

Vick, from a comment on "the online photographer":
"my daughter informs me that digital is for old people" (http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2011/01/lost-and-found.html)

Vick Vickery
22-Feb-2011, 13:26
Good for Hugh Crawford's daughter, too! :)

Roger Cole
22-Feb-2011, 15:34
Welcome aboard Rick!