PDA

View Full Version : Hi LF forum

stradibarrius
20-Feb-2011, 07:34
My name is Barry Dudley and I have just traded for my first LF camera. A Calumet cc-400 or 401??? with a 180 mm lens.
I have a fair amount of 35mm and MF experience as well as digital but have just started the LF journey.

I look forward to what you folks here can teach me.

Andrew O'Neill
20-Feb-2011, 09:15
You'll learn lots here. Welcome.

Vick Vickery
20-Feb-2011, 10:10
Welcome to group therapy! :) You've picked up a very good starting 4x5...a good basic camera with full movements that will do pretty anything you ask of it; a good 180mm lens is slightly longer than normal (150mm to 165mm), so it should have fine modeling qualities and will be useful for anything from scenics to portraits. Have fun and shoot lots!

Roger Cole
20-Feb-2011, 12:16
Welcome aboard Barry. Good to have another local around.

You may find that LF is a sort of weird addiction, but a heck of a lot of fun!

Brian C. Miller
20-Feb-2011, 14:25
Hi! There's lots of info on the front page, and the forums are filled with wonderful tidbits. Don't be afraid to ask, and don't be afraid to try.

Professional
20-Feb-2011, 14:39
Hi Barry, Welcome to the board.

I know you from another forum.

It seems i have to work hard to do film/analog photography as i can, all of you people the other side persuading me to start to shoot with film.

Mike Anderson
22-Feb-2011, 21:21
My name is Barry Dudley and I have just traded for my first LF camera. A Calumet cc-400 or 401??? with a 180 mm lens.
I have a fair amount of 35mm and MF experience as well as digital but have just started the LF journey.

I look forward to what you folks here can teach me.

Hi Barry,

I kind of know you from nikonians.org (where I go by the handle of "rectangularimage"). I'll bet some of your violins and woodworking tool images will look sweet on 4x5.

...Mike