PDA

View Full Version : Lens Boards for an old Graflex 4X5

Jamie R. Miller
13-Feb-2000, 22:13
I am trying to figure out what sort of lens boards I need for an old Graflex Spp ed Graphic 4X5. I have the instruction book...yet I can not find in it any where as to what size it takes. Any advice or info you can provide will be most helpf ul. Thank You!!!

fw
13-Feb-2000, 22:36
Try www.graflex.org

Cheers

N Dhananjay
13-Feb-2000, 23:19
You should be able to get lensboards from Midwest Photo Exchange (www.mpex.com). Quite reasonably priced. DJ

Bill Moore
14-Feb-2000, 18:43
If you have an earlier model, like the Aniversary Graphic, you need a flat lens board, 4 inches square. If it's a later model, the Pacemaker, the lens board is sligltly smaller, with rounded corners, this one is thin aluminum, with a flange around the edge. You can make a board for either one of these out of flat aluminum stock. But they are very available. Midwest Photo sells new ones for the Pacemaker models.

Robert A. Zeichner
14-Feb-2000, 21:42
You need a board with overall dimensions of 4"x4" with an outer thickness of .125" and an overall thickness of .250". The thicker portion of the board should be 3.5" square and there should be a chamfer on one inside edge of the outer portion in order to make it easily removeable.