PDA

View Full Version : Combination Dark bag / Hood

David de Gruyl
17-Feb-2011, 06:10
Is there a practical reason why nobody has made a combination darkbag / focusing cloth?

As far as I can see, it requires two more zippers (with appropriate overlapping of material) in a double dark bag, and your hands can go through the arm holes for fiddling with the loupe.

I might just have to cannibalize my smaller dark bag to try this. It would reduce the crap I carry and simultaneously provide a compact, light tight viewing hood. For reference, I carry a small dark bag with me so that I can change filmholders in the field.

If this has been done, please let me know. I have zero interest in reinventing the wheel.

Louis Pacilla
17-Feb-2011, 12:23
One reason would be dust. I sure would not want to drag my loading bag through the forest .

I use a Harrison pup tent so it would make a lousy dark cloth. The polls would get on my nerves.:eek:

David de Gruyl
17-Feb-2011, 12:37
Dust is a very good point.

On the other hand, I do carry around a darkbag (not a tent) and I do change my film in the field. Sometimes, I just don't want to carry so many film holders. The tent is used other times (at home, when I want to watch TV while changing film).

John Kasaian
17-Feb-2011, 14:29
You stick you head under a focusing cloth.Do you want loose hair in your film holders?

Eric Woodbury
17-Feb-2011, 15:28
I have a tube-like thing that I made that I velcro to the back of my D'orf. I have an overlap at the bottom so I can get a loupe in there. Works fine.

Revolucion Artistico
18-Feb-2011, 02:48
I have a tube-like thing that I made that I velcro to the back of my D'orf. I have an overlap at the bottom so I can get a loupe in there. Works fine.

I'm trying to picture what your talking about here as I've had thoughts of making something like this. Do you have a picture of your camera with this attached?

Thanks
Ryan