PDA

View Full Version : New silver gelatin paper from Ilford Photo

Steve Gledhill
17-Feb-2011, 02:56
This announcement today may be of interest to some of us - a new silver gelatin paper from Ilford Photo (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150113619784561).
A 'cooperation' between Ilford Photo and Hahnemuhle. Up to now they only 'cooperated' on inkjet paper. I wonder whether the cooperation is simply marketing or whether they're doing product development together?

Added later - their press release (linked in the above link) says that Hahnemuhle produce the paper base - so it looks like it's coated by Ilford Photo.

csalem
17-Feb-2011, 04:22
i'll buy a box just to support r&d at Harmon

Michael Graves
17-Feb-2011, 06:00
Maybe I just missed it, but do they say when it will be available in the US? I'm not seeing it at Freestyle or B&H.

Steve Gledhill
17-Feb-2011, 06:14
Maybe I just missed it, but do they say when it will be available in the US? I'm not seeing it at Freestyle or B&H.

It's not yet released anywhere. Their press release says "The launch date for the UK market is 4th April 2011." It says nothing about any other markets. But I can't believe it won't become available in the US as part of a launch programme - can you?

bob carnie
17-Feb-2011, 08:13
It has been tested by US printers and here in Canada. It is absolutely coming to North America.

It's not yet released anywhere. Their press release says "The launch date for the UK market is 4th April 2011." It says nothing about any other markets. But I can't believe it won't become available in the US as part of a launch programme - can you?

Tav Walraven
17-Feb-2011, 08:41
Wolfgang Moersch has 2 prints over on APUG printed on the new Ilford 300. They are in the gallery section, page one as of today..................

tw