PDA

View Full Version : Focal Plane, TTL meter: Need sinar Siz parts

Drew Bedo
15-Feb-2011, 15:17
I have a Sinar Six meter Syatem (probe, meter and cassett) that I bought "for parts". A new battery fixed the meter and everything seems to work great, but . . . .

There is a set of plastic snap-on dials with imprinted scales that are required to actually measure light with this system. I do not have them. I have contacted Sinar and they are no help. I am waiting to hear from Gossen and Manfrotto.

Can anyone help me out here? I am willing to consider a true parts meter if it has the dials.

Drew Bedo
Drew_Bedo@yahoo.com

cdholden
15-Feb-2011, 15:37
Which one did you contact? I've heard Sinar.ch is much more responsive than their American counterparts. Try an email to Switzerland's support team if you haven't already.

Sevo
15-Feb-2011, 15:59
I have a Sinar Six(...)
There is a set of plastic snap-on dials with imprinted scales that are required to actually measure light with this system.

Well, no. And I've answered that before. All successors to the Sinarsix (Profisix probe, Flashmeter Probe) made do without anything like a scale overlay. All you need are tables to translate the meter values, or a convention for using the regular scale.

Drew Bedo
16-Feb-2011, 09:39
Sevo: Thanks for the great infomation. Sorry, I didn't do a complete search first.

DB

Drew Bedo
18-Feb-2011, 08:21
While this set is usable, it is incomplete. I would like to get the missing parts.

I am willing to consider a non-working meter as long as it has the calculator dials.

anyone?