PDA

View Full Version : Toyo film holders stink... and I know why

Leigh
14-Feb-2011, 18:25
There have been numerous comments to the effect that the 4x5 holders smell bad.

It's not the holders...
Each holder is packed in its own black plastic bag, and it's the plastic bag that stinks.

The holder picks up a slight residue of this smell, but it's orders of magnitude less than the bag itself.

Hooray. :D

- Leigh

Sal Santamaura
14-Feb-2011, 18:35
...it's the plastic bag that stinks...Nope. It's the holders. My pair of "test" holders that have been airing in the garage for more than 4 years still reek; they've been out of the bags since received. The bags, stored separately, which picked up that smell from the holders, stink much less than they did when received.

Source: holders.

Victim: bags.

:)

hmf
14-Feb-2011, 18:39
If anyone wants to get rid of their stinky Toyo film holders, send them my way.

Leigh
14-Feb-2011, 19:01
Nope. It's the holders. My pair of "test" holders that have been airing in the garage for more than 4 years still reek; they've been out of the bags since received. The bags, stored separately, which picked up that smell from the holders, stink much less than they did when received.
Interesting. Quite the opposite of the ten holders I just bought.

Just proves YMMV. :D :eek:

Thanks.

- Leigh

spiky247
15-Feb-2011, 08:01
phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, I always thought it was because some cat peed on them while in the stock room...

Sal Santamaura
15-Feb-2011, 08:24
If anyone wants to get rid of their stinky Toyo film holders, send them my way.The two I've had in the garage are protected from dust and in effect new. If you'd like to purchase them for $50 plus shipping, send a PM.