PDA

View Full Version : How to mount a Fujinon W 360/6.3 in Sinar DB lens board?

jsch
13-Feb-2011, 06:51
Hello,

I would like to mount a Fujinon W 360/6.3 in a Sinar DB lens board. Actually it is mounted in a Copal shutter on a Sinar lens board.

Does anyone know which Sinar DB Lens board is necessary? It seems that the thread is 56 mm in diameter, but my ruler is not very accurate.

The Fujinon doesn't fit in the DB lens boards I have for the Sironars 240 and 300.

Thank you.
Best,
Johannes

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
13-Feb-2011, 07:20
The Fujinon W 360 will probably fit into a similar lens board as takes Sironar or a Symmar 360. But it will probably be cheaper to buy a 360 mm mounted in a DB board than to try and find a fitting DB for your Fujinon already mounted in a Copal. Bu try to look for a solution on German Ebay under grossformat.

Bryan Lemasters
13-Feb-2011, 10:22
Have you tried contacting Sinar? Your Fuji is mounted in a copal 3s shutter, the sironars and symmars are all in a copal 3, AFAIK. I don't know whether Sinar ever made a 3s mount. The dimensions for each are on the SK Grimes site:

http://www.skgrimes.com/products/index.htm

The "3s" has a thread diameter of 56mm, the "3" has a thread diameter of 58mm. With only 2mm to work with it might be difficult to fabricate threaded adapter inserts. To make matters more difficult there is also a difference in the mount thickness.

jsch
13-Feb-2011, 10:42
Have you tried contacting Sinar? Your Fuji is mounted in a copal 3s shutter, the sironars and symmars are all in a copal 3, AFAIK. I don't know whether Sinar ever made a 3s mount. The dimensions for each are on the SK Grimes site:

http://www.skgrimes.com/products/index.htm

The "3s" has a thread diameter of 56mm, the "3" has a thread diameter of 58mm. With only 2mm to work with it might be difficult to fabricate threaded adapter inserts. To make matters more difficult there is also a difference in the mount thickness.

Thank you, now I know what to look for.

Best,
Johannes

erie patsellis
13-Feb-2011, 11:31
Sinar has made DB boards for many, many lenses. Including those mounted in oddball Compurs, Compound, direct mount barrels for Artars, and the 3S. Finding a used one sans lens, on the other hand is difficult, outside of the more "normal" shutters is a crap shoot. Of course they are available new, but I'm guessing that the price would be a significant factor, and you can buy a nice Symmar-S from KEH for about 1/2 what the DB mount for your lens would cost. But, it wouldn't hurt to call Sinar, they sometimes have odds and ends around at very, very reasonable pricing.