PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal. NOT.

Louis Pacilla
11-Feb-2011, 07:40
Here ya go. WHAT A DEAL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deardorff-8x10-Field-View-Camera-Wallensak-330mm-Lens-/330529591727?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item4cf51951af

I understand that this one is very nice & original (not refinished) condition but really, WTF.

I just get a chuckle out of this kind of CRAZY pricing. :)

***I stand corrected. Makes a little sense then. Because $10.000 for a Deardorff really caught my attention. Thanks Micheal.

Michael Kadillak
11-Feb-2011, 07:53
If you read lower in the description of this post the seller only included this exorbitant price to keep people from bidding until he got his ducks in a row and to draw some interest. Looks like he succeeded.

Frank Petronio
11-Feb-2011, 09:08
I like the "TOP" and "BOTTOM" labels on the case. It's probably from one really anal-retentive dude and that's a good person to buy a camera from ;-)

Roger Thoms
11-Feb-2011, 09:17
I like the "TOP" and "BOTTOM" labels on the case. It's probably from one really anal-retentive dude and that's a good person to buy a camera from ;-)

Hey I do that on a lot of my tool cases, sucks when you open it up and every thing fall out. For some reason I have never had a problem with my camera case. Probably will now that I have mentioned it.:D

Roger

Daniel Stone
11-Feb-2011, 09:21
looks like a nice camera. If its an architectural photographer, he's more than likely REALLY detail oriented(especially one that's owned a Deardorff from day one, 1950s etc...)

I've worked for a few guys out here in LA who have been around for a while on the interiors/exteriors biz, and they ALWAYS see the fine details. Helps ME to train my eye better too :).

they're all digital now, but the working methods are the same. Just means looking at a laptop screen or LCD instead of 4x5 polaroids

-Dan

oh... and they're ALL meticulous about the condition of their gear, even power packs and hotlights :). It has to look clean before going into a building/house,etc... Better looks from the client, and from the homeowner :).

DarkroomDan
11-Feb-2011, 09:45
You have to remember that this includes a "Wallensak" lens. You don't see those every day.

Dan

Bob McCarthy
11-Feb-2011, 09:58
So what part weights 70 lbs??

camera and lens maybe, maybe 18 -19.

Ah ha, lead slides on film holders!!!

bob

Ash
11-Feb-2011, 10:51
Bob, probably the case weighs 30lb

Steve Barber
11-Feb-2011, 16:22
Wow, you guys are a tough crowd!

With a 100 percent feedback ratio representing more than 2700 satisfied buyers, he probably does not need any help from me, but I would like to say that I have dealt with this seller several times and have a very high regard for his credibility and straight dealing.

Louis Pacilla
11-Feb-2011, 17:38
Oh Boy! I wish I had not started this post & I offer my apology to the seller.

I think the seller is very honest & again I had not read the whole listing were he explains the asking Price of $10.000. He simply had it to hold his listing & keep tire kickers away until he found something out.

It's a fine Deardorff. One of nicest I've seen (not refinished).

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd!

With a 100 percent feedback ratio representing more than 2700 satisfied buyers, he probably does not need any help from me, but I would like to say that I have dealt with this seller several times and have a very high regard for his credibility and straight dealing.

Sirius Glass
12-Feb-2011, 15:18
It is now listed at $1 US. Maybe he corrected an error on the asking price [meant $10 US and not $10,000 US]

tom thomas
14-Feb-2011, 14:04
It's now at $520, Reserve not Met. Nice looking Wallyworld lens.

Kevin Crisp
14-Feb-2011, 17:54
Once you label the top "top," do you really have to label the bottom anything? If I saw "top" upside down, I think I could figure out the problem.

Michael Kadillak
14-Feb-2011, 18:13
Your observations are clear and concise Kevin but it does not take into consideration the "anal retentive" personality that exists among certain people.

I knew a guy once that acquired one of those really "cheesey" label makers from yesteryear. He labeled frigging everything like he was the butler for Jethro Bodine. All I could do was shake my head in disbelief that someone could not possibly see the irony in this fruitless exercise.

To each their own.

richard brown
14-Feb-2011, 23:12
Have to say that I have bought from this seller and he is great. We should all take lessons from this gentleman. And not be so silly. Happy Valentines Day you little sweeties!!!