PDA

View Full Version : V750 scans are coming up dark

Hollis
8-Feb-2011, 13:11
I am at the begining of scanning a whole bunch of 4x5 E6 and it is coming up dark and magenta on my V750. Granted, I have put this thing through its paces and am wondering if the bulb is going out or something along those lines. I am wet mount scanning as well and using Epson scan, everything is the exact same as I have been using the last year or so.

Let me know if anyone has had this same issue...

BobCrowley
12-Feb-2011, 05:48
Uh Oh

I hope that doesn't happen to mine. Have you tried reflective scanning and see if that is normal, then go on to a transparency? I rarely scan in color, but I have noticed sneaky color profiles on my macbook every once in a while. Also, normalizing the scan settings in the Epson SW isn't all that obvious. Try to clear everything and start fresh. I'm curious about what you find.

Keith S. Walklet
12-Feb-2011, 15:02
1. Make sure nothing is obstructing the calibration area of the scanner. That's the roughly t 1/2" strip that stretches across the width of the scanner platen on the hinge end that you'll notice is framed by the Epson holders. It needs to be clean and clear of anything that would prevent the scanner from self-calibrating.

2. Second most common error is accidentally being in "Reflective" mode rather than "Transparency."

Good luck!

photobymike
12-Feb-2011, 15:19
1. Make sure nothing is obstructing the calibration area of the scanner. That's the roughly t 1/2" strip that stretches across the width of the scanner platen on the hinge end that you'll notice is framed by the Epson holders. It needs to be clean and clear of anything that would prevent the scanner from self-calibrating.

Sounds like the wet mount easel is upside wrong. The v750 needs the first half inch to calibrate and program the type of film holder you are using.... been there done that, and got the tee shirt..... i will be watching this thread close. Please tell us how it turns out

http://www.mikepic.com