PDA

View Full Version : Value of a ToyoView 57G?

ashenor
6-Feb-2011, 14:29
New to forum. I inherited Toyo View 5x7 (Its a light greyish/cream color). It's in excellent shape, ground glass is perfect, lenses are perfect. The bellows have a small dent, but were tested for light fastness. I have 2 lenses, 1 polaroid back, and about 40 double sided film holders. as well as a monorail extension. Just wondering the value of something like this. I'm not sure what I will do with it yet. I am mostly a DSLR & Medium format guy. I'll post pics later, after I pick it up. Cheers!

Steve Hamley
6-Feb-2011, 15:07
A lot of the value may depend on what the lenses are.

Cheers, Steve

Ari
6-Feb-2011, 15:46
Bellows have a dent?
Probably worth a buck or two; I'll give you ten bucks for the lot :)

The 5x7 is quite sought after and the G line of cameras has a good reputation for being solid, well-built cameras that have a fair degree of precision.
The only things of value are the camera and lenses, the rest is added value stuff that has very little actual value, but sweetens a deal.
As Steve says, a lot depends on what the lenses are, and in what condition they are.
As a starter, a 45G in great shape goes for between $300-$450.

engl
6-Feb-2011, 15:55
That is a lot of film holders, what brand are they? 40 modern ones would be valuable.

Apart from that, value will depend a lot on the lenses. Which ones are they? Are the shutters working and reasonably accurate?

As for what to do with it, you'd be a fool not to run a couple of sheets of film through the camera now that you have the chance :)

ypres.bass
6-Feb-2011, 16:21
Bellows have a dent?
Probably worth a buck or two; I'll give you ten bucks for the lot :)

The 5x7 is quite sought after and the G line of cameras has a good reputation for being solid, well-built cameras that have a fair degree of precision.
The only things of value are the camera and lenses, the rest is added value stuff that has very little actual value, but sweetens a deal.
As Steve says, a lot depends on what the lenses are, and in what condition they are.
As a starter, a 45G in great shape goes for between $300-$450.wow, for 300USD I bought TOYO 45G with one plate and privately kazetama and I thought it a good buy...

Ari
6-Feb-2011, 17:47
wow, for 300USD I bought TOYO 45G with one plate and privately kazetama and I thought it a good buy...

http://www.keh.com/camera/Large-Format-Camera-Bodies/1/sku-LF029990536530?r=FE

But shipping to the CR might offset any other savings.

Michael Graves
6-Feb-2011, 18:07
The light gray color makes it sound more like an M series. Very nice camera, either way. I have the M and have used it for about six years.

jacopo188
20-Oct-2011, 01:12
Dear Ashenor,
I have one 5x7'' Toyo view in cream color and not have enough Film holder!
I want see another Toyo like me. Can you send me some pictures of yours.
Many thanks.
188.koushan@gmail.com

Regards,
jacopo188.