PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Get A Good Spanner Wrench

Thomas W Earle
6-Jan-2000, 19:05
I will be installing several lenses on my lens boards and I'm in need of a spann er wrench. Can anyone recommend a good spanner wrench for installing lenses on lens boards (i.e., internet sites, telephone numbers, etc.). I noticed B&H is se lling one for $44.94. Has anyone tried this one? Will it suit my needs? Any s uggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. In addition, any pointers on installing lenses would be nice too. I have read most of the threads pertain ing to this, but if anyone has anything else to add I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance,

...Wade...

Bill Glickman
6-Jan-2000, 20:35
I bought a nice one at Edmunds Scientifics for about $99, industrial grade for sure!

Alan Gibson
6-Jan-2000, 20:35
Wow, is it made of gold or something? I paid #10 UK for mine, about $16, and I consider it well overpriced. I keep meaning to make some up out of brass so I can 'afford' to lose the real thing.

Alan Gibson
6-Jan-2000, 20:43
See also Rodenstock Lens Wrench (http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch- msg.tcl?msg_id=002CAI). I don't know if mine is a Rodenstock.

Daniel Taylor
6-Jan-2000, 20:51
the wrench is a $5 item, or make yourself one. I have a Toyo that works for all Copal size and paid $5 used. you can buy spanner wrenches at Sears, Kmart. save your money for film and shop around, or spend ten minutes in the garage crafting one. the dimensions are published for most of the shutters.

John Hicks
6-Jan-2000, 22:00
A lens-ring wrench (non-adjustable, just flat metal) is available from Rodenstoc k (HP Marketing) and Toyo (Mamiya); both of these sell for less than $20. Try 1-800-CALUMET.

Thomas R. Young
7-Jan-2000, 06:54
www.micro-tools.com is another source for these as well.

Doremus Scudder
7-Jan-2000, 08:30
Calumet also has a universal lens wrench for $19 I think. It fits about everything. Regards, ;^D)

Richard Rankin
17-Mar-2000, 10:47
S. K. Grimes (www.skgrimes.com) now offers one that he designed himself, makes himself, and uses in his shop. It is $35 delivered in the USA at the moment. Check it out. It has a wide expansion range, and reversible tips, pretty impressive gizmo if you ask me. I've got one ordered and can't wait to get it.

Cheers, Richard

Bob Salomon
17-Mar-2000, 17:11
"I have a Toyo that works for all Copal size and paid $5 used"

Have you tried it on a Copal/Compur/Prontor #3 shutter?

That may be why it was $5.00.

Bob Salomon
17-Mar-2000, 17:12
" I don't know if mine is a Rodenstock."

It is if it is flat, chrome and has the Rodenstock logo on it.